General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

So am a bit confused on who we can contact

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 Jun 2020 20:47

I often have my step grandson stay with me in school ,now college, holidays

He is the lad with learning difficulties

So he isn’t at college and is at home with daughter who is working from home

He is bored out of his mind and playing up big time

Daughter had to be seen to be home working and video conference calls

He was twenty last week and I did my first outing for 11 weeks to go to his birthday barbecue last sat

Soo daughter is struggling with him and really needs a break

Was speaking to her today and said maybe when the restrictions are eased he can come to me for a break

Butt I have self Isolated for 11 weeks because of my age and have only been out this week to take the cat for his annual jabs and next week to see my chiropractor

It’s how safe is it to enlarge your circle of contacts

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 21 Jun 2020 09:36

I think that at least 30 people are also confused.

I think he can visit you in your garden. You can also be in a bubble with that whole family as long as you both share the same bubble and don’t visit anyone else. Then he could stay overnight or maybe you can stay there.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 21 Jun 2020 11:32

Yes Shirley Maggie is right, you can create a bubble with daughter and family so you can visit their home and they can visit yours but then that bubble is the only mix you can both have I think. Why not ask your surgery for advice. He may well be able to come and stay with you in the circumstances. However, if you are not going out he might still be bored. There may be further news this week re those who are shielded (as you are). regarding if you can now go out. more than just for exercise.

edit not Maggie Namelessone sorry senior finger moment. <3

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 21 Jun 2020 11:40

Most people just call me Names, and Maggie isn’t usually one of the. ;-) :-D