General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My daughter's friend

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 Apr 2020 00:16

My daughter has the most amazing friend!
They are an 'item', though live in separate houses.
They both go to work during the pandemic, and are both determined I don't move from my house!
Daughter was due to have some plants delivered to my gaff tomorrow.(Wednesday)
She asked me if I needed anything - she would bring it when she picked up the plants. I jokingly replied, milk, cream (for my coffee) plonk and tobacco (yes, I smoke) - oh and some plain chocolate digestives.
The plants arrived today (Tuesday) - daughter said her friend would pick them up.
He duly arrived - but also had my 'groceries'.
Which included, not only the tobacco and biscuits - but also a box of Merlot! :-D :-D
(methinks he knows me too well)
Not only that - he refused to take my money :-S :-S
As we were keeping at least 6 ft from each other, it was difficult to throw the envelope containing the money back at him!

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 15 Apr 2020 12:03

Rather than passing cash backwards and forwards my friend and I are keeping a record of what we spend on each other’s behalf. We will reckon up when this is over.
So hang on to the money and buy them a lovely thank you pressie later.

And try not to throw it at them :-S

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 15 Apr 2020 12:27

They were notes, not coins! :-D :-D :-D :-D
And yes, like you, I'm making a note (albeit an estimate) of how much he's spent!

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 15 Apr 2020 13:03

We are doing the same as names - my daughter, her neighbour, my neighbour and I are sharing deliveries and using doorsteps/porches to drop off and pick up. We are keeping a list of what we owe and what is owed us.

My daughter dropped all the coins she had into a tub of Dettol/antibacterial stuff and wiped each note with an anti-bac wipe as soon as she arrived back from meetings a week before lockdown as a couple of people there worked in offices where Coronavirus had been discovered. She was lucky she had not been there that week as she is sometimes.

I have not opened my purse since we went into isolation five weeks ago.

Sharron

Sharron Report 15 Apr 2020 13:28

My lovely shopper has just rung me to see what I want this week.

Last year, when we went to visit one of my old biddies in her nursing home, we bought a £20 basket of fruit from a local greengrocers and it was huge and totally spectacular.

I think the lovely Lucy will be having one when they let us out!