General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WEDDING ANNIERSARY

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 31 Mar 2020 19:16

Today would have been my 26th wedding anniversary I met my second husband in 1986 and we got married on 31 March 1994 but he died in July 1996 not day goes pass that I don't miss him he was only 57 I was a young widow and at the time I still had my mum and boy was she good she had been a widow for 11 years then but I lost her last year at 96 and I looked after her most of the time but now with time on my hands finding it hard and not being able to visit the grandchildren very very difficult thought I would just share
:-(

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 31 Mar 2020 20:15

Anniversaries and special days are difficult, especially when we have to be on our own and have more time to think about things.

I hope it's not too long before you and all of us missing family can give them a hug once more.

Take care.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 31 Mar 2020 20:18

Difficult for you Linda and you must miss them even more with all this time to think. How sad that you only had two years of married life together. <3

Linda

Linda Report 31 Mar 2020 20:30

Yes Ann but they were the best he made me laugh he treated me like a lady and he teased me in a nice way and best of all I think I've got red hair if anyone asked me if I dyed my hair within earshot of him he would get annoyed I would just laugh at him but it's the little thing that you miss. My mum had a great sense of humour as well the day before my birthday last year we were sitting watching tele and she said you know your adopted I asked if y brother and sister were she said no but I was and she was ot telling me who my mother was I'm not by the way :-D :-D

kandj

kandj Report 31 Mar 2020 20:38

Sending hugs to you right now Linda X

Barbra

Barbra Report 31 Mar 2020 22:28

Linda you have some lovely Memories of your dear husband & your Mum .keep safe Take Care Barbara .

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 31 Mar 2020 22:44

Bless you Linda, what !ovely memories you have! I am sure your loved ones are with you and more memories will help you through this difficult time

Lizxx