General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Suing NHS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Mar 2020 14:36

Once this crisis is over, I wonder if people will be quite as keen to sue the NHS as they have been.

Dermot

Dermot Report 28 Mar 2020 14:54

The only 'winners' are likely to be the Prosecution & Defence legal teams.

Island

Island Report 28 Mar 2020 15:07

You mean like Richard Branson?

Sharron

Sharron Report 28 Mar 2020 15:20

I mean like people who think they should have had a miracle worked for them.

One example was where a local man was in hospital with a urine infection. Sadly,he did die there and the family were considering suing the hospital. Luckily, they thought better of it as, being as he was 96, they wproabaly would not have had much of a chance of winning.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 28 Mar 2020 15:28

If people do it just proves that it is money they want, and what good would that do them anyway.

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 28 Mar 2020 16:15

I do recall Boris or a sidekick saying, as the call went out for retired NHS staff to help, that the government would guarantee that no prosecution would be allowed to be brought against them in the event that something went wrong.