General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Well, that was interesting!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 24 Mar 2020 14:41

I have had a chest infection for over 2 weeks. I was hoping it would go away, but it didn't, basically confirming it wasn't viral, but was bacterial.
Yesterday morning, I tried to contact my GP's surgery, looking online to confirm the phone number, and was directed to a form to fill in with details of my 'problem'.
I was then informed someone would phone me. They did - at 4:30 pm.
Various questions and answers later, I was told my prescription would be in the chemist today.
This morning, I got a text from the chemist, confirming it was there.
So, off I set - on foot, so I was 'killing 2 birds with 1 stone' - getting a prescription and some exercise.

Got into town, and saw a group of people gathered on the pavement. I walked right around them - and then realised they were waiting to go into the Chemist - apparently a maximum of 2 were allowed in at any time.
I stood at what I thought was the back - 6 ft behind the person furthest from the Chemist.
Then a woman on her phone stood right behind me - I could hear everything she said - " Oh yes, Mary at work's at home now, she's got it - as has my neighbour' etc etc, so I moved sideways away from her! :-S

Half an hour later, I got into the Chemist!
Then I thought, well, having been near so many people, I may as well get some shopping. :-(

I now have 4 toilet rolls, and 6 eggs! :-D :-D
I also managed to get a bottle of tonic water (I found a bottle of gin in my cupboard) - but no lemonade, Fresh veg, and some frozen veg, just in case.

I also nipped into poundland. While I was being served by H, there was a horrific Bang and tinkle behind me.
Some thug had pushed over the display by the door. H and I watched him walk off.
Apparently, he'd been thrown out earlier, for shoplifting, and reported to the police.
It appears he found out, and decided to come back and seek revenge.
He will now have a criminal damage charge to answer!
Obviously, a tool, but definitely not the sharpest tool in the box! :-\

Linda

Linda Report 25 Mar 2020 01:08

O dear still people are not taking notice of what the government are repeatedly telling us to stand 2 metres away from each other I wonder what it will take for people to wake up and take notice some of these youths are really stupid they think it's so funny to do this sort of thing ot wont be when they get a fine though :-D hope you enjoyed your gin and tonic and keep safe