General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

missing wi-fi

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 8 Mar 2020 15:39

Help, my lap-top keeps losing WI-FI connection & the PROXY sign comes up. This lasts for one to three days then it reconnects to WI-FI. I have to use a ETHERNET cable to use the lap-top. Can anybody tell me what is going on & how do I get over it? Many thanks

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 8 Mar 2020 17:22

Thanks Rollo, I've just closed the lap-top down, by holding the button down.... then pressed the button holding on to it until the lap-top switched on, and it has connected to WI-Fi. Does that make sense to you?

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Mar 2020 22:02

That's technical,Malcolm.

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 8 Mar 2020 23:02

Hi Sharron, just luck I think or, Chi'ites magic touch

Sharron

Sharron Report 8 Mar 2020 23:17

We have the touch!

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 9 Mar 2020 16:10

Rollo Just in case you don't know a Chi'ite is a person born with-in sight of CHICHESTER spire. Just a bit of useless info.

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 Mar 2020 16:17

The Chichester chicken.

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 9 Mar 2020 16:30

Yes that,s right Sharron, i'm a northen Chi,ite because I was born north of the chicken.

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 Mar 2020 17:01

I am a soft southerner.

Both of us are Silly Sussex but we can't help that.

Wunt be druv though, will we?

Florence61

Florence61 Report 9 Mar 2020 18:23

So as I was born in Shoreham by Sea which is in Sussex, am I a Silly Sussex too?, :-D :-D :-D

Florence in the hebrides :-)

Sharron

Sharron Report 9 Mar 2020 18:41

Of course you are.

Will you be druv?

Florence61

Florence61 Report 9 Mar 2020 20:09

Nope :-D :-D :-D