General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CANCELLING MY SUBSCRIPTION TO GR

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathryn

Kathryn Report 8 Mar 2020 10:29

Good morning,

Does anyone know how I can cancel my subscription to GR please? It is very unfortunate but I cannot afford it anymore as in a few weeks I will no longer be working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can't see an email or other that I can contact to implement the same.

Regards,

Kathryn

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 8 Mar 2020 10:58

If you click on "account" at the top of the screen and then click on "subscription details" you can change your preferences to "auto renew off". That way Genes should not take your payment. This works if you have an annual subscription. Not sure how it works if you pay monthly.

Kath. x

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 8 Mar 2020 11:45

You could try emailing [email protected] if you pay monthly or need a refund.

Sorry to hear about your situation which I hope soon resolves.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 8 Mar 2020 11:48

I don't think GR will give a refund as they will argue that you have used the service by posting on the boards.

Kath. x

Mersey

Mersey Report 8 Mar 2020 13:42

Hi Kathryn sorry to read that you are leaving, such a shame....hope
things change for you very soon and see you back asap <3

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 8 Mar 2020 19:31

Kathryn .................

in case you do not realise, if you just do not pay your next subscription, you will remain as a Free member on GR. That means your tree will remain, you read the Boards, you can send messages to previous contacts, and other members can contact you.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 9 Mar 2020 14:03

coincidentally, i have RENEW at the top o the page

i'm on auto renew so that should be sorted!!