General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can I have a few curtseys and hat doffing please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 25 Feb 2020 15:45

Have just made contact with a researcher who has been doing the family tree for over 30 years and has found her grt times umpteen grandparents were the parents of Jane Seymour one of the wives of Henry 8th

Well through the same line a brother married and down the line are connected to my ancestor Robert Chaney 1747 married to Elizabeth Mann in Essex

Well the line goes back through Elizabeth

So I am the 3rd cousin 13 times removed to Jane Seymour

:-D

Think I need to go on who do you think they are !

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Feb 2020 15:49

Are we meant to throw money when we see you now?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 25 Feb 2020 15:56

Well it would be better than slops lol

Garde vous (loo) and all that

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 25 Feb 2020 15:56

I give you a curtsy marm. ;-)

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 25 Feb 2020 15:58

As long as it’s not accompanied with finger sculpting too lol

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 25 Feb 2020 16:19

On my knees as we speak! ;-):-D :-D :-D

Well done Shirley, what a find <3

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 25 Feb 2020 16:26

Well to say I am astonished is wow !

On my dads mum side It’s the Dartnell all barge builders on the Thames and I have often wondered if they were connected to Sir Henry Dartnell land owner but never found any connection

Wasn’t expecting this one as I had only got back to Robert Chaney and Elizabeth Mann

I know the lady who has done the research has been very thorough and she has followed parish records court records etc etc.
She told me once she is on a roll she can’t let it go and it’s verify all,the way

Normally I would say ok but prove it but she has with all the info she has sent me

So am in a bit of a bubble at the moment

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 25 Feb 2020 16:51

Some say I too have royal connections. Shame the parish register that might prove it was lost over a hundred years ago.

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Feb 2020 18:26

My grandmother was an Ainger. It was kind of accepted in the family that they were French aristocracy who came over in the French revolution.

I had to go poking about didn't I?

There he was, the Ainger who was a labourer long before the French set to.

Denburybob

Denburybob Report 25 Feb 2020 18:41

...bow down to her on Sundays, salute her when her birthday comes... No prizes, but whence those words? Hint, Bob Dylan.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Feb 2020 19:21

Maa'aam! :-D