General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

car tax

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 20 Feb 2020 14:18

I just renewed taxed my car on line. My tax ends on THE 28TH & starts on the 1st March. That means I can't use the car on the 29th. Just think..... there must be a lot cars that wouldn't be taxed like me. So, not many cars on the road on the 29th.

Sharron

Sharron Report 20 Feb 2020 14:36

Don't bank on it.

Somebody on the television was having their 60th (I think) wedding anniversary on 29th. Does that mean they have been married 240 years?

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 20 Feb 2020 15:06

Strange one, Malcolm. Our V11 said it ran out on 29 February (not 28th) so has someone made a booboo on your V11.

If my memory serves me right, the old discs stated 'the last day of .....'

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 20 Feb 2020 17:06

My Vehicle Tax Reminder (V11) states .......Your vehicle tax runs out on 29 February 2020' :-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 21 Feb 2020 10:41

it was always "last day of the month!"

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 22 Feb 2020 15:42

wow....dat woz kwick....got rid of two cars on the 18th...got reply from DVLA today...Plus tax back!!!