General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Elephants bum!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Dec 2019 11:32

Last week,I gave OH five Christmas cards to deal with. three with addresses to be posted and one for Mark and Sue to be hand delivered to number 5 because it had no address on it, just their names. It was the same for Glad at no 6, it just had her name on it.

Guess what, he stuck stamps on them all and popped them in the box.

I just hope he knows the difference between a post box and an elephants bum!

Allan

Allan Report 24 Dec 2019 11:52

He could always take a bag of buns with him next time, Sharron, at least he'd find out which end of the elephant the bum is. Just hope that said elephant is not painted red :-D :-D

Caroline

Caroline Report 24 Dec 2019 12:36

As much as I get your frustration...I'm impressed he actually a) put stamps on and b) actually posted them....I think we're expecting too much for him to see there were no addresses on two of them :-)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 24 Dec 2019 12:48

just testing the capability of the "GPO"??

stranger things have been delivered...with more obscure addresses....

Annx

Annx Report 24 Dec 2019 14:53

Simple tasks and instructions are beyond them Sharron so you have to watch their every move. Mine had to flatten some big cardboard boxes and needed a knife to cut down a join...... so what did he do.......picked the best one of the new ones in the knife block when we have a drawer full of old ones!

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 24 Dec 2019 15:11

Ann we have a knife block and MY missus cant replace the knives where I want them ...even though I drew the outlines of the blade, onto the block!!

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Dec 2019 15:38

I have to admit to washing our wooden knife block and thinking I had made the wood swell. One knife didn't fit at all so it stayed in the drawer.

Magically, when I washed it again, a very long time later, the knife fitted.

It had been upside down all that time.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 24 Dec 2019 17:10

My hubby was dispatched this morning to buy a dozen bread rolls at Cooplands and a bag of carrots from Asda (even though I know he can't cope with more than one job at a time!). He got the buns o.k. and then went to Asda. Got the carrots, went to the self service checkout, paid for the carrots picked up the receipt and left the carrots.

I was just about to moan that he'd forgotten to go to Asda when I found the receipt in the carrier. :-S

Kath. x

Annx

Annx Report 24 Dec 2019 18:31

Sharron we had another wooden knife block prior to this one. One day I noticed fine sawdust at the back of it. When I turned it round there was a quarter inch round hole where something big had chewed it's way out and crawled out! I never did find out what it was but was very careful moving things in the kitchen for ages after that. I told the tale to MIL and said I would never buy another wooden knife block. Guess what she bought us for the next Xmas.......the wooden knife block we have now!

I can just see my OH doing something like that Kathleen!

Bob, hubby wouldn't even think they went a particular way. :-D

Island

Island Report 24 Dec 2019 18:40

Were these men dozy when you met them or have they been nagged into uselessness? :-S

Allan

Allan Report 24 Dec 2019 20:49

Island, what a suggestion! :-0

Speaking for myself, my wife doesn't nag me; well that's what she has been telling me to post for the last twenty minutes :-|

You don't honestly think that I would ever admit to being dozy, do you? :-D :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 24 Dec 2019 22:41

OH was trained by his overbearing mother and the forces to do exactly as he was told and that is what he did.

When we took Fred's mate to Newcastle, we had booked a room for the night and my idea was that we would come down the East coast, finding another room on the way.

We went up the M1 because that was the most direct route and he was going to return that way because he needed to find a B&B. Now, we all know that the M1 is lined with B&Bs don't we?

Annx

Annx Report 24 Dec 2019 23:25

:-D :-D