General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How many can you use?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Nov 2019 19:52

OH is a chef, I am not. I will wash a pan and use it twice when I cook a meal, rarely use more than two pans.

Last night he had a pork chop and I had a Quorn pie, along with roast potatoes, carrots and spring greens with a drop of Bisto.

He cooked and, when I came to wash up there were no fewer than six pans, two small roasting tins and a colander to do.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Nov 2019 20:02

Good grief!
I can cook a roast and 3 veg using one saucepan, one roasting tin and a colander.

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Nov 2019 20:03

But you are not a chef are you?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Nov 2019 23:41

True. :-D
I just dislike washing up!

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 26 Nov 2019 01:21

Oh heavens, that drives me mad. It was the reason I took over the cooking as o.h. fancied himself as a chef and left so many pans etc I would be hours clearing up after him.I

I am like you, Sharron. The fewer pans and utensils, the better!

Lizxx

Tawny

Tawny Report 26 Nov 2019 08:26

Mr Owl is the same on a Sunday with a pie dish of Brussels Sprouts in honey and balsamic vinegar, Yorkshire puddings and roast potatoes is another two pans/baking trays, a jug and a whisk. Caramelised leek with bacon lardons is another pan and of course the gravy needs one too and that’s before we even get to the joint we’re having that week. During the week we usually manage to escape with two pans and a baking tray.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 26 Nov 2019 15:19

Luckily for me hubby keeps pots and pans to a minimum, however he does put same pots etc straight into washing up water complete with bits of food and cooking oil grr.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 27 Nov 2019 01:30

Oh that's another grouse of mine!

Wipe the grease etc out with paper towels before washing.

Lizxx

Caroline

Caroline Report 27 Nov 2019 13:04

Tawny that meal sounds lovely :-)

Agree never use too many pots/pans.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 27 Nov 2019 14:07

My daughter tries to be very helpful so now often offers to cook the evening meal or " bake a cake."
Unfortunately she is sooo messy and uses just about every pan and dish I possess.
You wouldn't believe the mess she could make from just cooking an omelette, chips and beans.
Grates cheese into a dish, puts milk into a jug, eggs into a bowl, chips into a tray, beans in another dish etc...plus all the utensils, whisks etc.
Me I wash up as I go along and often reuse a dish if something is cooking in the oven.
But she piles it all up and leaves it til after the meal along with plates, cutlery.

She is a great help bless her but just a messy one!

Florence in the hebrides