General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

last of the summer wine actress dies

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ron2

Ron2 Report 10 Oct 2019 22:47

Juliette Kaplan who played Pearl Sibshaw (one with the window cleaning hubby etc) has died

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49193273

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 10 Oct 2019 23:00

RIP <3

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 11 Oct 2019 06:32

RIP <3

The earlier episodes made me laugh. Howard and Marina no longer have to hide :-D

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 11 Oct 2019 09:05

Great Actress RIP Pearl.

Howard will no longer have to wear his flowery pinny :-D :-D :-D :-D

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 11 Oct 2019 12:45

Aawe RIP She was a good actress, great timing. We still watch re-runs when there is nothing on TV to watch.

'Emma'

'Emma' Report 11 Oct 2019 13:40

RIP still watch the re-runs.

JemimaFawr

JemimaFawr Report 11 Oct 2019 15:34

So sad :-( Last Of The Summer Wine is probably my husband's most favourite programme. It's on here all the time!

RIP JULIETTE KAPLAN <3

Allan

Allan Report 11 Oct 2019 22:16

RIP

I wish that they would show the series again here in WA.

Both OH and myself enjoyed the programme from when it was first shown in the UK, prior to our move to OZ.

There were intermittent repeats of some of the series, but nothing continuous,

Such is the standard of our TV shows that we are now having to endure repeats of such classy American soaps as 'Days of our Lives' and 'The Young and the Restless', both of which, in my opinion, made 'Crossroads' look like the epitome of superb acting.

I don't watch much TV these days.

David

David Report 12 Oct 2019 06:32

RIP Julitte Kaplan. I recall she was a strong support of Peter Sallis in the episode

screened immediately after the death of of Compo.