General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Website issues and complaints

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nick7076

Nick7076 Report 24 Jun 2019 23:03

Has anyone had any success reporting issues with the website? or in getting a response when a complaint is made?
My tree will not draw correctly, it shows a wife as also the daughter of a sister who died in infancy, even though the detail list does not have her as that relation.
The previous and next pages of census reports don't work.

I am seriously considering taking the company behind this shambles to the small claims court to recover my subscription, as the website is not proving the service advertised.

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 25 Jun 2019 00:33

Have you contacted them through the email site ..................

[email protected]

Alternatively try posting on the Facebook page of either GR or FindMyPast, the sister company.

Most of us have had responses using the email address ............ they do say they will respond within 3-5 business days, ie Monday - Friday, ca 8:30 am to ca 4:30 pm, UK time

So if you email on Thursday, don't expect a response before the following Wednesday at least.

Taking them to small claims court will likely cost you far more than you paid for your sub, and take a very long time.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 25 Jun 2019 09:03

Take Sylvia's advice and try to contact them at support@

Hopefully you haven't bought a Premium subscription because you would be better using your money on a Findmypast subscription (Genes sister company) because I find results are easier to find and the census pages do work.

As for your tree not working properly, I can't say I have had any trouble although I don't use the family tree on here much and prefer to keep most of my information on FamilyTreeMaker. I have an old version which does as much as I need it to.

Genes is nothing like the site it used to be and the only good thing about it is that there are always members around to answer any questions or do look-ups for you - although again, nowhere near as many members these days as Genes would have you believe.

Kath. x

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 26 Jun 2019 12:44

Dont hold your breath hun ;-) ;-) ;-)