General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Eyebrows

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 26 Apr 2019 20:03

In my teens I had Twiggy eyelashes, painted on under the eyes, and had a black line in the eye socket and white lipstick so I am in no position to laugh at anything anybody chooses to apply to their own face.

However, I do have a big problem with the current trend for eyebrows like George Robey. I can't take my eyes off them.

There was a very learned woman on You Tube and she was giving a very interesting talk about something I wanted to know more about but I needed to watch it at least twice because I was so engrossed by those magnificent arches that looked to me like they were not quite in the right place.

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 26 Apr 2019 20:08

I hate todays fashion Big shaped black eyebrows

They look like two black slugs stuck to their faces :-( :-(

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 26 Apr 2019 22:07

I wonder what people with tattoos, stretched ear lobes and other such things will look like when they are older. Will they have to have surgery to get rid of them / corrected?

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 26 Apr 2019 23:17

ZZzzz
I know somebody who has a tattoo of A butterfly on her boobs
After Having twins some years later

It looked more like a squashed dead moth :-( :-(

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 26 Apr 2019 23:23

ZZzzz I do agree with you, especially with the awful earlobe stretchers.

I also hate those dreadful dark thick eyebrows that are painted on, especially when the girls have blonde hair!

Regrettably I plucked my eyebrows so much when young that I have virtually none left now, but darn me, there is always a long wonky white one sticking out, that has to go, lol

Lizxx

David

David Report 27 Apr 2019 07:13

Those eye brows that meet in the middle always look odd ?

Dermot

Dermot Report 27 Apr 2019 07:20

Knitted eyebrows. :-D

David

David Report 27 Apr 2019 13:38

Dennis Healey had a good pair.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 27 Apr 2019 20:37

Liz, I’ve only ever plucked the straggly ones and yes there is always one or two wonky ones and so thick I wonder they don’t push my glasses off lol.

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 27 Apr 2019 20:39

And finger nails that are so long the girls can’t pick some things up coins etc etc.

David

David Report 27 Apr 2019 21:15

Have you noticed there's a long solitary one between your eyes ?

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 27 Apr 2019 23:57

I'ver never plucked my eyebrows into oblivion, but, along with my hair, they've turned silver.
Grand daughter (17) suggested a brown ' transformation'. I bought a grey khol pencil, and when I can be bothered, I darken the silver
hairs a little!

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 28 Apr 2019 00:16

I just wish my eyebrows would grow more evenly, they are sparse, as are my eyelashes, and the hair on my head is very thin, a maternal family trait I think. If I could redirect the hair on my chin, things might look better lol

Lizxx

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 28 Apr 2019 00:51

The chin hairs! :-D.
Go for an interview, and find one has grown half an inch!
'Mother' Nature wasn't a woman, 'she' was a very naughty boy!

David

David Report 28 Apr 2019 09:20

When I was a lot younger women used VEET to remove it

Mersey

Mersey Report 28 Apr 2019 10:35

I have my eyebrows threaded...the shape lasts longer …. :-D

Makes my eyes water but worth it

;-)

MotownGal

MotownGal Report 28 Apr 2019 12:20

I had the Twiggy lashes, along with two pairs of false on the top, one pair on the bottom. Had to get up an hour early to do my eyes. :-D

And yes I plucked my brows into Harlow bows. They too are silver and occasionally I use a blonde pencil but very lightly.

I haven't got enough to have threaded!
:-D :-D

ZZzzz

ZZzzz Report 28 Apr 2019 13:30

A chap I used to work with said life is cruel, the hair is taken off my head and is put in my ears and up my nose.