General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I Despair

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 25 Apr 2019 22:42

I really do.

These are some of the candidates for our forthcoming Election in May

https://www.news.com.au/national/federal-election/fraser-annings-conservative-national-party-has-entered-the-election-race/news-story/efa3511906609fdfa5e783226e1d90f0

The guy who formed the party only got into the Senate by one of those quirks of the Australian Electoral system.

He got in as a 'One Nation' senator and before he was even sworn in he left the party and became an Independent.

Then he joined Bob Katter's Party, from which he was expelled shortly thereafter for his extreme views.

All this and he only received 19 votes!

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Apr 2019 22:52

It appears (according to what my gran would say) that the lunatics are now running the asylum - all over the world :-S
As my gran would also say - the world is going to hell in a handcart!

Edit: and more power to that teenager!

Rambling

Rambling Report 25 Apr 2019 22:59

I despair also, https://tinyurl.com/yyyxgfrl I hope we will not have to have an MEP election at all. We have local council elections next week and that will be very marginal, but only Labour & conservatives running I think.

Maggie my mum also said that ...a lot! :-)

Allan

Allan Report 25 Apr 2019 23:09

Manchester, my old home City :-(

Rambling

Rambling Report 25 Apr 2019 23:20

He's supposed to be on tour in Aus on election day

"Fans had paid up to A$995 (£532) for tickets to see the anti-Islam activist, alongside Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes and former editor for Breitbart News Network Milo Yiannopoulos, in five cities.

The tour was originally supposed to take place in December and has so far been postponed several times and it was unclear whether Australian visa rules would allow Robinson entry with his criminal convictions and extremist background."

Allan

Allan Report 25 Apr 2019 23:34

Hopefully not, Rose, we have enough of our own idiots :-(

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 26 Apr 2019 14:45

Will Australians hang out black flags to mark the day of infamy, 29 April ?

I posted now and again that Australian politics were a zoo - after all one of my rellies was an MP back in the day. Now it is obvious.

Never before has there been a time when all but one of the English speaking democracies have had such dolts trying to run the show - and failing.