General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

192.com

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deborah

Deborah Report 23 Apr 2019 23:44

Would some one kindly find a address for me plz .. I’ve moved and lost my address book and I need to talk to relative plz

Deborah

Deborah Report 23 Apr 2019 23:54

Help needed 192.com plz

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Apr 2019 00:11

Have you tried to google 192.com?

Deborah

Deborah Report 24 Apr 2019 00:12

Yes but I’m not a member x

PatinCyprus

PatinCyprus Report 24 Apr 2019 08:35

Everyone has to pay to get a number it's not like GR or Ancestry it's pay per view e.g would cost me to find the address/telephone number the same as you.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Apr 2019 08:42

Try https://www.thephonebook.bt.com/

Members with a sub to Findmypast might be able to look up an address on the electoral roll, but only if they haven’t moved since 2002 & ‘opted out’.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Apr 2019 09:20

I can take a look on find my past if you message me with the info

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 24 Apr 2019 12:58

Deborah, first port of call if they have a landline -and it's free - is as Det says: BT phone book online. Ex-directory numbers won't show though.

If they have no landline you could try ringing a relly who may have have the number you want. Always worth a try.

Deborah

Deborah Report 24 Apr 2019 14:27

Thank you everyone .. he moved August 2018 and didn’t want to pay £15 just for one search but I appreciate your comments .. used to be on here years ago and people would help each other .. I’ve done all the searches and paid for credits on here but it was up to date address I wanted which seems impossible x x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 Apr 2019 15:19

Have looked but it's only to 2018

2019 electoral rolls aren't online yet so as they moved in August no new address is online

They may have opted out at the new address too

Have you tried Facebook for them or one of their chidren

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 24 Apr 2019 18:01

Deborah ................

People still help each other, using subscriptions and even credits IF they already have them, just as they have always done. I know I now use my Ancestry and FMP subscriptions mainly to help others, spending a lot less time on my own research as I've got almost everything that is available online.

I don't think many helpers have ever paid out a special subscription or bought credits only to help someone else ....... as above they MIGHT already have a sub or a few credits that they were willing to use before they were lost.

But is it really fair to ask someone else to pay as much as £15?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 24 Apr 2019 18:47

Have you tried writing to the previous address? The current occupants might have his new one to forward it to.

Members do still help others if they have the relevant sub. Unfortunately, for you, that tends not to be to 192.com. In most cases access to the ER on FMP is sufficient for FH research purposes.