General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Somebody..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Apr 2019 00:35

Is setting off fireworks as I type! (see the time)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 7 Apr 2019 01:21

An Asian wedding I presume..

JoyLouise

JoyLouise Report 7 Apr 2019 09:47

Every man and his dog set them off around here for birthday and any other celebration you can think up. Usually it's at the end of the party night so not unusual at the time you've got them Maggie.

We are lucky. I am rarely in bed before midnight and even then I read for a while before going 'dead to the world' while OH is an early-to-bed person and sleeps soundly through the lot.

Not much fun if they wake you up though, Maggie. :-(

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Apr 2019 10:04

Whatever reason, unless it's Chinese New Year, Diwali, or New Year 's Eve - and its none of them - it's illegal to let them off between 11pm and 7am.

Initially, I thought it was a gun :-S

Caroline

Caroline Report 7 Apr 2019 10:07

Also if you have pets they're often upset by them, at least if you're expecting them you can be prepared.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 7 Apr 2019 10:59

Yes, Betty was under my bed for most of the night :-|