General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Plain daft

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RolloTheRed

RolloTheRed Report 6 Apr 2019 15:21

I am a member of other boards some a lot more feisty than this one. The moderators seem able to keep a lid on things without allowing users to delete each others threads. It is this silly RR feature that has reduced the number of people posting here so much. GR should scrap it.

Island

Island Report 6 Apr 2019 15:30

I second that.
TBH I can't work out which demographic GR chat is aimed at.

Moth balls

Rambling

Rambling Report 6 Apr 2019 16:43

quote Rollo "the moderators"...which GR does not have, and certainly won't now the money and time is invested in FMP. If they remove the Report option it just means someone will actually have to look at threads when someone complains directly, maybe send emails back and forth,why waste that time on complaints when you can just delete the cause?

But I don't believe it's solely or even mainly the RR feature that has reduced people posting, it's that GR does not have what other genealogy sites and groups have for similar money or no money at all. It has passed its peak, on all boards. Why spend money here if you can get better records elsewhere? yes to chat with people who have been here for yonks, and still to look for family connections, but when did you see the last 'new' person on threads here?

Even on the other boards the vast majority of people who post are 'old' members returning to the board to ask for help, or the very occasional newbie just starting out. Nothing like the numbers it used to be. There will be a spurt of new members perhaps, and queries when the 1921 census comes out, but don't expect more before that :-)

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 6 Apr 2019 16:48

Maybe the GR staff are to busy
on Facebook or playing solitaire ;-) ;-)

Island

Island Report 6 Apr 2019 16:51

I think RTR is after a RR ;-)