General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

OSTRACISM

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 2 Apr 2019 10:49

Is ostracising an individual, shunning him / her fair ?

Is making someone suddenly incompatible really fair play ?

Rambling

Rambling Report 2 Apr 2019 10:59

Depends on what the individual has done, and to whom?

If we're talking someone who is a major irritant/disruption in ones life, then cutting them out might be the only way to save your sanity ( and might be better for them in certain circumstances).

LaGooner

LaGooner Report 2 Apr 2019 11:09

I have cut out 3 of my very close family as they cause me nothing but grief and depression. No I do not regret it and never will it was the best thing I ever did. BTW I am not the only one to do t to them as they are not nice individuals

Mersey

Mersey Report 2 Apr 2019 12:07

Sometimes its the only way....

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 2 Apr 2019 12:16

I suppose only the person who does the shunning will know if it is fair. Even then the person shunned may not realise why and they might think it unfair. so David, it depends on the circumstances.

David

David Report 2 Apr 2019 14:25

Understood Ann. In a work place incompatibility can be an enormous burden to all.

Dermot

Dermot Report 2 Apr 2019 15:57

Desist from giving anyone a good harrumphing.

David

David Report 2 Apr 2019 16:03

I am unfamiliar with that word

Rambling

Rambling Report 2 Apr 2019 16:19

If it's in a workplace there should be some procedure in place if the person's behaviour is unacceptable?

Is it a case of someone doing their job ok but giving personal offence by their speech, eg a racist attitude or is it just someone not liked who can be 'politely spoken to' in the course of work but otherwise ignored?