General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Stuffed Toys

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Allan

Allan Report 25 Mar 2019 21:03

I was reading on another thread that one poster never had any stuffed toys as a child.

This stirred distant memories :-0

I didn't want to respond on that thread lest I be accused of being flippant, but all my childhood toys were stuffed.

This usually occurred within a day or two of my receiving them when my childish treatment of them meant that they were broken and no longer fit for purpose :-(

They were well and truly stuffed :-D :-D :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 25 Mar 2019 21:10

The most interesting part of any dolly was that thing in the belly that said 'Mama' when you turned it over.

That needed to be removed as soon as possible so I could try to get into it to see how it worked.

I never did.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Mar 2019 21:53

Noooo - my doll that went 'Mama' had it's voiced removed because my elder brothers deliberately annoyed my parents with it :-|

As for my precious knitted dachshund - I could never work out why it kept getting holes in it.
I found out in my 50's - my brothers used it for practice 'drop kicks'.
This is also why my 'mama' doll, as well as losing her 'mama' is held together with wire :-P