General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Not done it before

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Mar 2019 12:18

Our cat, Jacky Milburn, has been with us a little over a year and he takes the learning of his job very seriously.

I have never had such a reasonable cat. He comes in for the night when invited and makes sure to fit in with everything we require of him, he's brilliant. Little by little he has been showing the characteristics of a relaxed pet cat rather than a feral who has come in.

This morning he came up on the bed. He has been there before but it is just not one of his places. This morning he wanted feeding and letting out to see what was going down.

He was much more amenable to being made a fuss of and was purring loudly which is another step forward. Also, for the first time, he was dough beating, you know, the thing with the up and down paws, and I have never seen him do that before.

Florence61

Florence61 Report 17 Mar 2019 18:10

Well Sharron, that shows just how good you have been and that they feel very comfortable now in your company. Really lovely to hear he's settled and that is all down to you.

Long may he continue to make little steps into big ones

Florence in the hebrides

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 17 Mar 2019 19:06

Hope you all live happily together for many years.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Mar 2019 19:20

Aww - that's lovely, Sharron. <3 <3

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Mar 2019 19:34

Every step he takes towards being a proper pet pussy is lovely.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Mar 2019 21:38

The kneading (paddling in my house) is much more appealing than Betty piddling on my bed :-|
She's okay now she has a litter tray.
She goes outside - comes in to 'do her business' - then goes outside again! :-| :-S

Betty has even started sleeping on my bed - but only when I'm not in it - when I am, she has a wicker chair in my bedroom with a cushion and fluffy fleece on it.
She was born in this house, has lived here for 13 years - and never slept on my bed, or in my bedroom, until 2 years ago, after Mister died.

The only time she came in my bedroom before, was when she was scared - and hid under my bed :-(

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Mar 2019 21:43

Jacky has his own basket but he prefers to sleep in the chair where his daddy puts his bottom.
He has never been known to drink at all and uses the bath rather than the dirt box which is always available to him although he will only do that if he can't get out.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Mar 2019 22:33

He's still a bit of a 'daddy's boy' then :-D

Sharron

Sharron Report 17 Mar 2019 23:03

Oh yes.

I am just the wench who opens the meat when Daddy is not here.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Mar 2019 23:24

:-D :-D :-D

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 18 Mar 2019 11:08

One of my Cats Fat Steve
Tried to get his big Butt into a box
That was far to small today :-D
Silly Steve :-D