General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Long Lost Family Special TONIGHT

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 25 Feb 2019 17:01

Born Without Trace.Monday 25th February

ITV 9 pm

Advances in DNA technology are used to help find long awaited family links for abandoned babies, now adults.

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 25 Feb 2019 18:05

Oooh - thank you for the 'heads up' Gwyn :-D :-D

LondonBelle

LondonBelle Report 26 Feb 2019 15:54

I enjoyed the Programme as I have with all the other LLF progs.... I did feel very sorry for all the foundlings, what an awful way to start your life and to grow up knowing that was the case :-(

However, I wish they had spent a bit more time explaining the DNA process and how they came to the conclusions that they did. I thought they rushed through the screens they were using so much so that I didn't have time to read what was on them let alone understand them :-(

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 26 Feb 2019 16:15

I have eventually watched the programme.

I really feel sorry for anyone who is missing information re their biological parents, it's bad enough having a missing Grandpa :-(

Even though the Father on my Mother's birth cert is blank at least I have his name from the records from the Salvation Army home where she was born.

I hope they all get the answers they want and need.

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 27 Feb 2019 01:32

It was a very moving programme.

Must be a shock for a lot of people to find they have siblings.

Lizx

ShelleyRose

ShelleyRose Report 27 Feb 2019 16:35

I too watched this programme, I felt so sorry for those that didn't know who their parents were, so sad that they felt they had no option other than leaving their child somewhere with the hope they would be found. My own 2 x great grandfather was a foundling, - if only DNA testing had been around in his day!

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 27 Feb 2019 16:42

Must be awful to think you weren't wanted and your mother dumped you like a piece of garbage

To find the story behind your birth and to find what you thought wasn't what it was must be mind blowing

To think that your mum was so desperate that she took that course hoping that her baby would be better off and would be looked after could be a forgiving moment

Susan

Susan Report 31 Mar 2019 15:32

I watched this moving programme. Amazing how foundling babies families can be traced. They have lived with no background for so many long years.

I have a blank for my bfather, hopefully he is coming to light at long last, thanks to DNA testing, and some very helpful people.

Angelsong