General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New Book of Interest to MORT researchers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sheila

Sheila Report 18 Feb 2015 09:25

www.mortfamily.net

Dear All
I am Leigh born and bred and bred and also an author about to release my first book "The Lines of Tamar".

This novel touches on genealogy and especially the Mort family of Leigh and Astley. Even Leigh town Hall gets a mention as does Daisy Hill. For some odd reason it would really help me if I got 100 "Likes" on Facebook. I have yet to fully understand social networking but my 14 year old daughter tells me that this is what I should do.

If you could help a Leigh author (and Mort descendent) get going - this would be very appreciated. Here is the link and please do tell any Mr or Mrs Mort's you know to read this book once its released.

Many Thanks - hoping to put Leigh and the Mort surname on the map....as well as an interest in genealogy which is the basis of this book

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Lines-of-Tamar/853784174684920?fref=ts