General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Le Grande De Clutter

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DazedConfused

DazedConfused Report 11 Jun 2014 10:18

Well we are slowly getting rid of our junk. I am amazed at how much 'truly valuable!' stuff, 2 people can accumulate over 16 years. We have filled our 3 bed house.

So, I decided to spend an hour or so going through my Family History files and paperwork to see what I have.

Yeah right, have turned on the computer, paperwork sitting there untouched, and the self righteous feeling I had of good intentions just walked out the room!!!!

We have however, emptied our middle bedroom upstairs and once the desk has been dismantled and the BHF come to take it away, we can then plough on with starting the redecorating of the 3 bedrooms.

It just some days seems such a daunting task.

And to top it all, the fence at the back of our garden, which we hoped we could get away with not having to replace, suddenly over the last week has started to give up under the weight of the Ivy, which is coming from a garden on the street behind us, somewhere down the hill.

At this rate, by the time this place is ready to go on the market, we will be too exhausted to care about moving!!!

Maybe I will do a bit of clearing up later on...... ;-)