General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Over Christmas, Home Alone films

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 31 Dec 2013 03:31

have been shown.

Do you think they are suitable for a 3 yr old to watch?

When we visited o.h.'s son earlier in December, the 3 yr old was watching a dvd of Home Alone and then Home Alone in New York back to back. Her dad was caring for her and the baby as he was off work and his wife was at work, and he said he was sick of the film as he had had to watch it three times each already (this was at about 2pm)

O.h. didn't seem too bothered when I mentioned it on the way home (he said he had never seen the films) but then he watched the first Home Alone on tv over Christmas and realised why I was concerned.

The parents wonder why the 3 yr old girl is so hyper but what do they expect when they let her watch stuff like that? She obviously understands the story as she mentioned at the appearance of the mother, Oh Mummy's home!

She is very much indulged, for a quiet life, and when they visited o.h.'s father the other day, the son said to o.h., I am never sure whether to chastise E. for her naughty and excitable behaviour or not.

The baby boy, 9 months, is more laid back but E. pulls him about when she can, and is quite rough with him at times, carelessly so more than deliberately. I think he will learn bad ways from her. Her concentration is poor and I think it will affect her when she starts school.

Any suggestions as to whether we could say something or not?

Lizx