General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I love this

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

.•*´♥ ´*•.¸Mrs Gene Hunt¸.•*´♥`*•.

.•*´♥ ´*•.¸Mrs Gene Hunt¸.•*´♥`*•. Report 26 Oct 2010 16:07

PLACES TO HIDE

The Ruse
My pursuers imagine I'm holed up
here in perpetuity, so I shall outfox them by leaving.

The Bluff
But if they guess that I guess that they've guessed I'll stay put, they'll expect me to leave, so I'll stay put.

The Double Bluff
But if they guess that I've guessed that they'll guess that I guess they'll guess I'll stay put, they'll expect me to stay put, so I'll leave.

The Treble Bluff
But if they guess that I've guessed that they'll guess that I've guessed that they'll guess that I guess that they'll guess I'll stay put and thus leave, I'll outfox them by staying put.

Death
By the time the Quadruple Bluff is reached, the mind has arrived at such a pitch of agitation that, as a matter of course, it begins to wonder whether sanity itself is not just another form of lunacy. This state, often mistaken for a Zen-like detatchment, is actually a bit of a nuisance since it leads to upsetting actions of a random nature such as the creation of vast bas-relief maps of the old Soviet Union using tins of whole baby carrots. Therefore, if you should ever find yourself staring down at some tins of whole baby carrots and wondering whether the Ural mountains wouldn't be better represented if they were placed on their side....No, on second thoughts, it doesn't matter.