General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jokes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

UzziAndHerDogs

UzziAndHerDogs Report 16 May 2010 18:16

Sorry but I did find some of them funny

*It’s a bit early for Iceland volcano jokes. We should wait awhile for the dust to settle.

*I see that America has declared war on Iceland. Apparently they are accusing them of harbouring a “weapon of ash eruption”.

*It was the last wish of the Icelandic economy that its ashes be spread over Europe.

*Iceland goes bankrupt, then manages to set itself on fire. This has insurance scam written all over it.

*Iceland, we want your cash, not your ash.

*Waiter, there's volcanic ash in my soup.
I know, it's a no-fly zone.

*Richard Curtis is working on a new rom-com about people stuck in an airport who fall in love. The title is "Lava Actually".

*I came out my house yesterday and was hit on the head by a bag of frozen sausages, a chocolate gateau and some fish fingers. I realised it must be the fallout from Iceland.

*Volcano in Iceland. What next - an Earthquake in Asda?

*Woke this morning to find every surface in the house covered in a layer of dust and a foul stench of sulphur in the air. No change there, I’ve been married to that bone-idle slob for 20 years.

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 16 May 2010 18:50

nudging these up 'cos I think they're funny too and want to be able to find them again!

McB

McB Report 16 May 2010 19:06

Jokes !!

They get me in trouble when i put em on ere

No more " Giggles " for me.

Running Bear

Running Bear Report 16 May 2010 19:09

i got hit on the head today with a packet of fish fingers, they told me it was fallout from Iceland.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 16 May 2010 22:47

hi Brian, hows the recuperation going?

Bob

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 16 May 2010 22:54

Once I figured out that Iceland is a frozen foods store in the UK, I thought they were all quite amusing.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 16 May 2010 23:10

A variation on the one liner in a earlier post!

I heard that Iceland has installed those air-borne electrical insect zapping machines............

its now a No-Fly zone!!

Bob

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 16 May 2010 23:55

Very clever :o)

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 25 Nov 2019 20:22

Nudge!