General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

April Fool's Day, watch out!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond

Purple **^*Sparkly*^** Diamond Report 1 Apr 2010 03:11

I can't believe we have once more reached April Fool's day, April 1st. Where has the time gone since Christmas?

Hope no one manages to catch you out today lol

It's my cousin's grandson's birthday today, he was born first then my nephew then my son all born within 3 and a half months in 1982!
This lad is married with 5 or six children, but sadly he hasn't worked since he left school, he started training as a mechanic but couldn't get work experience for the necessary part of the course. Then he met this girl with a child, and they started their family. He is a pleasant enough lad as is his wife, but knows he doesn't have to worry, his father has no more children, his aunt has none and his Grandmother, my cousin is 80, so he will have two houses bequeathed to him at time goes by, he won't need to work! I didn't ask my cousin if they had stopped producing but I know she isn't happy, she brought him up from a young age as his parents split and his mother couldn't cope as she developed M.S. She still managed to produce another three children by two more fathers tho, a great example to him.

Today is also the anniversary of one of my ex's wedding, but now he is 67, he is alone, renting a room in a shared house. His wife who was half his age when he married her, left him, and took the three daughters..... April 1st wasn't a lucky day for him

Lizx