General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

PETERBROUGH LOT IS THIS YOUR VIKING

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

DIZZI

DIZZI Report 31 Mar 2010 18:55

Viking biker back in the saddle
Published on Wed Mar 31 18:52:33 BST 2010

A former oil rig worker who dresses as a Viking and cruises the roads on a motorbike is back in the saddle after a crash.

Father-of-three Mark Slater, 49, of Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, thought that his days as "Viker Biker" could be over after the accident left him with neck injuries and his Yamaha Virago 535 ruined.

But Mr Slater, who donned his costume five years ago and helps charities raise cash, said he decided to put on his horned helmet once more after finding another bike and toughening his armour.

"I had the accident in November," said Mr Slater. "I hurt my neck and my bike was absolutely wrecked. I wasn't sure what to do. But I've got a Yamaha DragStar XVS 1100 which I've nicknamed Thor - and I've got my confidence back. I'm still a bit sore but I'm on the road again."