General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Robinson Family Tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Penny

Penny Report 14 Jan 2010 13:46

I am trying to find out if a family tree that was prepared in 1902 by Charles E Robinson of the Robinson Genealogical Society of America still exists in the UK, possibly being held by the family descended from John Robinson b. Feb 1853 Everton, Notts. d. 1928 Bently Toll Barr Yorks. He was the station master at Scrooby station when he retired in 1922.
I have newspaper cuttings telling me of this trees existence, and have confirmed its' preparation.
My great grandmother was Ellen Jane Robinson, Johns' sister, she died in Feb 1891 in Rotherham, her husband was Henry Hill a Police Constable.My grandmother was only three years old when Ellen Jane died.
I have been researching this tree now for over four years, and have never come across another reference to it.
I am presuming that it was passed down to the eldest son of John Robinson and his wife Rebecca Quibell Suttaby, his name was Albert Quibell Robinson born in Bawtry in 1879, and he too worked on the railways.
Are there any Robinsons out there that have any knowledge of this family tree?
Penny Airlie