General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Grandad (help)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lesley Ann

Lesley Ann Report 30 Jul 2009 12:21

Iam trying to find out information about my mothers father, all we know is he was probaly born 1917-1920 ish in Scotland he was in the navy we know he was in the region of Luton in Bedfordshire in about 1938-1940 and think he was about 19-20 he was suposed to have been killed in a fairground accident the night before he should of married my granmother however we dont think their is any truth in this as we cant find any information relating to a young man being killed on a waltza back in this time,my mother family moved from Luton in late 1939-1940 my mum was only 18mths old and my gran never really told her much before her death apart from the so called accident and is name,i would love to find out if my granfather was killed or if he remained in Luton when my mother family moved north due to being bomded in the war,my mother family owend a paper shop in Luton, and my granfather used to teach young man out of the army and navy how to box, and this is how my granmother meet him.i would be very greatfull if anybody could shed some light on this for me. My grandad was said to have been called William Reid, known as Billy Reid, Reid could of also been spelt Reed.My granmother was called Anne Norris living in Luton Ivy road in a newsagents.
kind regards Lesley