General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

SHOODA GONN TO SPECKSAVERS!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 25 Mar 2009 22:29

sat nav error

A driver today blamed his sat nav for leaving his car teetering on the edge of a cliff after he followed its instructions.
Mr XXXX said he trusted his sat nav system and continued to follow it when it told him the steep, narrow footpath he was driving on, in Todmorden, West Yorkshire, was a road.
MrXXXXX, from Doncaster, South Yorkshire, now faces court action for driving without due care and attention after his BMW nearly plunged down a 100ft cliff on Sunday.
The 43-year-old, who works as a driver, said he relies on his sat nav for his job and described the incident as a “nightmare”.
He told the Halifax Evening Courier: “It kept insisting the path was a road, even as it was getting narrower and steeper, so I just trusted it.
“You don’t expect to be taken nearly over a cliff.”
Mr XXXXXX continued: “I guess I’m just lucky the car didn’t slip all the way over the edge.”
A West Yorkshire Police spokesman said: “Officers received a call at 11.18am on Sunday March 22 reporting that a BMW was hanging off the edge of a cliff off Bacup Road.
“The driver was a 43-year-old man from Doncaster. He has been summonsed to court for driving without due care and attention.”
-

Whats the betting he had tapped " Walking Route"

Bob