General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

sometimes they dont think

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 2 Feb 2009 12:35

had text at 11.30 saying sons school closing at 12 due to worsening weather. well we were out at the time and I didnt read it til I got home at 12. Its all melting now but is due again later but not til 4ish.

How many other children have been sent home without anyone being at home and no way of getting in.

They didnt even let them have lunch and if like laddo thats his hot meal of the day as he gets free meals, how many others wont get a hot meal today?

I know they are thinking of the safety of the school etc but have visions of loads of children sat on their doorsteps starving hungry.

Right thats the moan over with