General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sporting/spitting life

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Derek

Derek Report 28 Mar 2008 08:06

Because there was nothing else to watch, I took in the International friendly football match played in Paris betwee France and England. I was not alone, 80,000 spectators in the ground and 40,000,000 TV viewers. Strange game indeed, the camera men obviously get their bonuses from the players, there was countless shots of players spitting, not at each other, I believe thats a red card offence. but design spitting. The forming of lips, movement of the head, the volume of spittle, trajectories, the lot was all caught on film. Not surprisingly Becks was the leading target with four spits, Terry, he of the £140,000 a week salary, only one spit. Are thes out-takes just to colour the game, game?? don't make me laugh, when do the footballers arrive? In rugby circles (a MANly game) the forwards call the backs and threequarters "girlies", what would they have called that lot on Weds night?
Further to disciplne, why did Fabiola Capello keep the knobhead goalie on the pitch, not only a penalty but a match lost. Set an example for gawds sake, removing the captaincy from Terry was in the right direction, but keep it going. Another question for those in the know, do Rooney and Crouch get a cap each, do they share the appearance money, does Becks get two-thirds and Bentley a third, difficult to divide a cap, I suppose. A fine for not winning would have been in order. Set an example Mr Capello, Derek in France
PS Man of the match, the Arsenal player, Galles, who did not spit once, he dribbled!!