Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help needed please,look and give me your opinion p

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carter

Carter Report 25 Aug 2007 18:54

Hi i have been trying to hunt down a nancy ainscough ( married name husband was james ainscough ) c1837 dalton on tees durham i have her on the 1861 and 1881 and 1901 census. today i received her daughter jane ainscoughs( 1857 leigh lancashire ) birth cert to help me find out more about nancy. it states her maiden name was Moor and in 1857 they lived in bedford leigh lancashire. i have found a nancy moor on the 1841 census but it only gives her with a thomas robinson age 40 but when i open the image i think she might belong to the family above named "Squire" but also on that page there is a family called Moor but i cant find any connection. anyone got any ideas at all
thanks linda x

Carter

Carter Report 25 Aug 2007 18:54

Name: Nancy Moor
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1837
Where born: Yorkshire, England

Civil Parish: Croft
Hundred: East Gilling
County/Island: Yorkshire

Street address:

Registration district: Darlington
Sub-registration district: Darlington
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Nancy Moor 4
Thomas Robinson

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 25 Aug 2007 19:08

Looking at the original I would also say Nancy was with the Squire family.

Chris and Nancy Squire!

George Moor and his Family live next door but one....relative to the Squires maybe? Or maybe she was staying over? Neighbours were much more friendly back then!

Gerri x

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 25 Aug 2007 19:19

Marriages Mar 1853 (>99%)

AINSCOUGH James Runcorn 8a 291

MOOR Nancy Runcorn 8a 291

The district Runcorn is in the county of Cheshire.

This will give you both Fathers names and occupations.

Gerri x

Heather

Heather Report 25 Aug 2007 19:20

No sign of her in 1851? Theres a few Nancy Moors though arent there - hmm

Do you not have her marriage cert - that would give her fathers name.

Possible?
Name: Nancy Ann Moor
Year of Registration: 1837
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
District: Darlington
County: Durham, Yorkshire - North Riding
Volume: 24
Page: 31

Carter

Carter Report 25 Aug 2007 19:25

thanks everyone she is a pain in the *** at the moment. the marriage in runcorn would have made about 15/16 when she married if her date of birth is right at 1837 ish
linda

Carter

Carter Report 25 Aug 2007 19:26

well i think i will have to wait till next pay day and send off for her birth and marriage cert. thanks everyone i wish i could find her in 1851 that would give me a start
linda x

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 25 Aug 2007 19:27

To be aged 15/16 back then was not unusual Linda.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt the legal age for marriage of girls about 12?

Gerri

Irene

Irene Report 25 Aug 2007 19:31

There is a Nancy Moor on IGI and her parents are Roger Moor and Mary and she was baptised at the Croft by Darlington 06.08.1837 does the parents names fit in with her details. Regards Irene

Carter

Carter Report 25 Aug 2007 19:31

thank gerri i wondered if nancy and james first child jane ainscough was only born 1857 then if they had other children before that might have died. i know i might sound like an old sinic but getting married so young i would have thought she was pregnant ??
linda

Carter

Carter Report 25 Aug 2007 19:33

thanks for that irene i will have to send off for those certs and then i can be sure roll on next payday
linda

Carter

Carter Report 25 Aug 2007 19:35

irene i cant find nancy on the igi ?

Carter

Carter Report 25 Aug 2007 19:37

just have to go i have got visitors will be back later
many thanks linda x

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 25 Aug 2007 21:21

This is on BVRI:
James Ainscough married Nancy Moor 9 Mar.1853, Runcorn, Cheshire. Husband's father Thomas Ainscough. Wife's father Robert Moor.

Carter

Carter Report 25 Aug 2007 21:58

sorry but what is bvri ? this sounds really promising as i know james ainscoughs father was thomas ainscough and his mothers name was ellen
linda

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 25 Aug 2007 22:27

Glad I could help, Linda.
BVRI is British Vital Record Index. It's a set of 16 cd's that you purchase from the LDS Church through the Familysearch website. It covers births and marriages not covered on the IGI, although there is sometimes some overlap. They are extracted records from parish records, not submitted ones, so they are reliable.
I purchased mine many years ago but was never able to find any of my family on them. You have to be lucky!
I coulndn't find the birth of your James Ainscough or Nancy Moor. Also couldn't find the births of any of their children.
Margaret

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 25 Aug 2007 22:37

Is it possible that this might be your Thomas & Ellen Ainscough? It's also from BVRI:
Thomas Ainscough married Ellen Gibson 15 Jan.1827, Upholland, Lancashire.

Alan

Alan Report 25 Aug 2007 22:38

Hi Linda,
I didnt know what BVRI meant either, so I have just put BVRI in the address bar and it means
British Isles Vital Records Index.I learn something new every day.
Regards
Chris

Carter

Carter Report 26 Aug 2007 02:06

hi i cant sleep its 2.08 am and still looking for nancy moor on the 1851 census. i think i am going crazy
linda

Carter

Carter Report 26 Aug 2007 18:26

well stil looking any ideas anyone ?
linda