Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can't find a birth....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marie

Marie Report 11 Aug 2007 20:16

Although I know it's possible it wasn't registered, can anyone find a birth registration for a Charles Buggy c1864 Newcastle upon Tyne. Can't find a thing but just thought I would give you guys a try! Cheers Marie x PS He could have been known as John (just to confuse!)

Suein10b

Suein10b Report 11 Aug 2007 20:23

Is this the correct family on 1871 census Bridget Ann Buggy 2 Charles Buggy 6 Edward Buggy 12 James Buggy 10 John Buggy 40 John Buggy 15 Mary Buggy 40 Catherine Cassidy 13 William Cassidy 8 RG10; Piece: 5123; Folio: 42; Page: 32 Cannot see Charles birth but this appears to be his sisters Bridget Ann Buggy Year of Registration: 1869 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun District: Tynemouth County: Northumberland Volume: 10b Page: 187 Sue This appears to be parents marriage if the above is your family John Buggy 1855 Apr-May-Jun Newcastle Upon Tyne Northumberland Mary Cassidy 1855 Apr-May-Jun Newcastle Upon Tyne Northumberland 10b / 210

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Aug 2007 20:25

Have you found registrations for any of his siblings? If not, I think you can safely assume that there wasn't one for him........ Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Aug 2007 20:26

One sister was registered, at least........... Name: Bridget Ann Buggy Year of Registration: 1869 Quarter of Registration: Apr-May-Jun District: Tynemouth County: Northumberland Volume: 10b Page: 187 Reg

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 11 Aug 2007 20:27

Could he be the 6 year old Charles Buggy living in Walker, Northumberland? It doesn't say where he was born but his brothers were born in Walker. His parents John & Mary were born in Ireland. Older brothers John 15, Edward 12 and James 10 were born in Northumberland.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Aug 2007 20:29

This is the only Buggy in Northumberland in 1864 Name: Michael Buggy Year of Registration: 1864 Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep District: Tynemouth County: Northumberland Volume: 10b Page: 183 And I can't see a Michael on 1871 census! Bizarre........ Reg

Marie

Marie Report 11 Aug 2007 20:32

Right here goes ! This family is killing me slowly ! I have never had a more difficult line to trace but I am attempting it again ! I only know for certain that Charles is on the 1901 census with his wife who is Sarah Walters. My great gran is their daughter Sarah. They are living at 70 Byker Street Newcastle upon Tyne. I think I need more certs to confirm a few more details really don't I ?! M

Marie

Marie Report 11 Aug 2007 20:35

There were also a lot of illicit affairs going on with this lot ! My great great aunt died last year and she took the secrets to the grave with her. She was so ashamed of her family and would never speak of them and the only reason I can think of is that her mother had a child out of wedlock ! Bless. It was a bigger deal in them days I think.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Aug 2007 20:35

The marriage cert will tell you the name and occupation of the father Charles Buggy 1888 Jan-Feb-Mar Tynemouth Northumberland Sarah Walter 1888 Jan-Feb-Mar Tynemouth Northumberland Volume: 10b Page: 311 Reg

Marie

Marie Report 11 Aug 2007 20:36

Excellent thanks, I'll get that next then I think...

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Aug 2007 20:37

1881 census confirms the marriage posted above....... Mary BUGGY Head W Female 49 Ireland Housekeeper Jno. BUGGY Son U Male 25 Walker, Northumberland, England General Lab Edw. BUGGY Son U Male 23 Walker, Northumberland, England General Lab Chas. BUGGY Son U Male 17 Walker, Northumberland, England General Lab Cathrine CASSIDY Neice U Female 22 Walker, Northumberland, England General Serv Dom Wm. BEAL Nephew U Male 18 Walker, Northumberland, England General Lab Reg

Marie

Marie Report 11 Aug 2007 20:40

So do you think that the Mary who is on the 1901 census as a visitor is in fact Charles' mother ?

Marie

Marie Report 11 Aug 2007 20:41

God I'm easily confused and it's my family ! Was his mother Mary Cassidy ??

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 11 Aug 2007 20:44

The age is 'right', and the fact that she was born in Ireland..........and she's a widow. They probably described her as a visitor, as opposed to mother, because she wasn't permanently resident with the family............. Reg

Marie

Marie Report 11 Aug 2007 20:46

That's great..thankyou for everyones replies, I will get the marriage cert instead of charles birth cert I think ! Thanks again, Marie x

Selena in South East London

Selena in South East London Report 11 Aug 2007 20:49

Wonder if Edward is actually Edmund? Births Mar 1859 (>99%) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BUGGY Edmund Newcastle T. 10b 97

Marie

Marie Report 11 Aug 2007 20:50

yeah could be, I've just noticed that I've got a census print for 1861 and there is an Edmund, cheers x

Marie

Marie Report 11 Aug 2007 20:53

Gotta go now but thanks again for everyones help, I appreciate it xx