Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Your Family Tree magazine (November)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Oct 2004 18:20

Before I go further afield to buy this magazine (can't get it locally), could some kind person please tell me what's on this month's free CD? I'm not tight but I don't want to pay £4.99 just for the GR article lol! Many thanks, Mandy :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Oct 2004 18:24

Mandy Can't help - the magazine website still has October as the latest edition, but it does tell you what's in that, so if you wait a few days...

Daniel

Daniel Report 8 Oct 2004 18:55

Mandy what are you talking about. I'm in it! You must buy it :-) Oops, read it wrong but I have the answer: Websiteword- Website building software Glos. 1860 sample Glos. 1850 Trade Directory Sample Glos. Parish Magazine sample. Mac Family Tree 4 - Trial Picasa 1.6 - Photograph storage program

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Oct 2004 18:57

Oops sorry, Dan, I didn't realise it was the November edition *groupie granny grovelling* Mandy :)

Daniel

Daniel Report 8 Oct 2004 18:59

Not till next month. I was getting ahead of myself for a second there.

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Oct 2004 19:03

Phew thank goodness I haven't upset Dan :)))) So you are in December's edition? Thanks for info on free CD, nothing there at all to interest me so may wait for next month's in that case! Many thanks, and to Nell too as I didn't realise there was a website. Mandy :)

Daniel

Daniel Report 8 Oct 2004 19:04

Well I suppose so, but it comes out in October so somehow that makes it the December issue. I don't know. (confused)

JackieInCardiff

JackieInCardiff Report 8 Oct 2004 19:07

Hi Mandy Why can't you get it locally. A newsagent should be able to order it for you if they don't already stock it. Best wishes Jackie x Daniel- Which issue are you in? Haven't read Nov issue yet. Are you in that one or in Dec?

Daniel

Daniel Report 8 Oct 2004 19:08

the next one out. (Oct 26th) (I should get paid for this advertising :-()

SueinKent

SueinKent Report 8 Oct 2004 19:10

That will be the December issue.

Deborah

Deborah Report 8 Oct 2004 19:39

This might sound a bit of daft question, but have been through the web page and can't seem to find the answer. If you have the on-line version of the magazine, do you still get what's on the cd? I have trouble getting hold of it too, and thought it would be a good idea, but I like collecting the cd's too. Debbie

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Oct 2004 19:41

Hi Jackie, I'm in a small-ish town - did get it in WHSmith once but that was all! I don't want to put in an order because I don't think I want it every month (at the moment anyway). We are going to the outskirts of Bristol tomorrow but I didn't want to go searching for a newsagent if it wasn't worth the effort lol! Going to wait for December's now! Mandy :)

Anne

Anne Report 8 Oct 2004 20:03

It is an awful lot cheaper to take out a subscription and have it posted to you! (although probably not a cheap as only getting a few copies per year!) Anne

JackieInCardiff

JackieInCardiff Report 8 Oct 2004 23:12

Hi Mandy. Didn't realise that you didn't want to buy the magazine every month. They do get a bit expensive to buy all the magazines that are published every month. I'm lucky that i'm a newsagent so I usually read them all, then if I decide that I don't particularly want to keep them I can send them back. best wishes Jackie

Unknown

Unknown Report 8 Oct 2004 23:26

Hey Jackie, you've just given me a great idea - why don't I open a newsagents shop lol? I have an annual subscription to Good Housekeeping (birthday present from my parents), one to BBC Good Homes (studied interior design), then also the occasional craft magazine ... and now the occasional family history mag too (only started in April). This is why I just tend to get YFT when I see something of particular interest!! Many thanks to everyone for your helpful replies, much appreciated. Mandy :)

Seasons

Seasons Report 9 Oct 2004 01:11

My newsagent gets it for me and says if I don't want it he'll send it back. Also got a CD with Practical Family History last month (I think- unusual) - trouble is I get them for the info on the disc but haven't got around to using them yet. Mind you most of my research so far is for Scotland.

Lucky

Lucky Report 9 Oct 2004 03:59

Hi Issue 17 which is November. The cd has a websiteworld full programme on it. also as well as the normal samples and trials Gloucester 1861 census pages and 2,000 listings from the Gloucester 1850 trade directory. Family history clips from the history channel and an a to z of genealogy websites. Hope that helps you. Cheers Diane sorry just realised somebody has already said, I have a subscription which works out nearly a pound cheaper than buying from the shop and it arrives several days before its in the shop. I have also received free gifts by doing this. At the moment I think it's a genealogy dictionary.

Lucky

Lucky Report 9 Oct 2004 14:07

Hi Pam, Not sure but I don't see why not?/ the e mail to ask is: customerservice at futurenet(.)co(.)uk remove the usual. and use the at the sign. It won't even come up with that on here. what a pain. Diane