Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

British Genealogy Forums

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 13 Oct 2004 20:56

For those of you who appreciate message boards, this looks as though it's going to be a really useful resource... http://www(.)british-genealogy(.)com/forums/ - as usual, remove the brackets! It's a very user-friendly site. Do take a look - and register! It's free!

Mardi

Mardi Report 14 Oct 2004 02:19

Linda, I registered with them about a month ago...very good site, what I like is that they email you every time they have a new listing on the board in your relevant county, saving you searching. Kaye (Sydney)

Supergran

Supergran Report 14 Oct 2004 07:07

Good site Linda. Just registered! Brenda x

Jillian

Jillian Report 14 Oct 2004 12:23

thanks Linda, it looks promising, I've just registered Jill

Maud

Maud Report 22 Oct 2004 11:52

Am I doing something wrong? Have just tried twice to access the site, but keep getting "page cannot be displayed" Has something been missed off your number given

BobClayton

BobClayton Report 22 Oct 2004 12:22

Try this http://www.british-genealogy.*com/ Just remove* Bob

Thelma

Thelma Report 22 Oct 2004 12:52

For people like me "Google " british-genealogy

Maud

Maud Report 22 Oct 2004 12:57

Just after I`d entered a reply here, saying I could not access the forum mentioned, my son came in, and I told him about it, he tried and Lo and Behold!! first time up it came!! Do not know what I was doing wrong, must have dome something!! Anywah have found it, and have registered, its useful to be 0n various Forums, don`t you think, especially for seeking help in breaking down brick walls (of which I have plenty) Cheers Perhaps see some of you there?

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 24 Oct 2004 01:28

I've already received help from, and been able to help, several people via the B-G Forum. It a very user-friendly site. Dare I say it, more so than the one GR has become...

Margaret

Margaret Report 24 Oct 2004 12:31

Have regersted to-day Looks good margaret

Victoria

Victoria Report 29 Oct 2004 22:32

Thanks for the tip!! just having a browse around the site now!

Victoria

Victoria Report 29 Oct 2004 22:39

Thanks for the tip!! just having a browse around the site now!

Jon

Jon Report 2 Nov 2004 00:03

Registered and ready to go ... thanks for the 'top tip' Rgds Jon

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 3 Nov 2004 21:26

June... don't give up! It really is a great site. The format is different to GR, but it is actually very logical.

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 1 Jan 2005 18:49

Since I originally posted this thread, the B-G Forums have really taken off. If you haven't had a look yet, please do! It's provings to be a really useful, helpful and friendly resource. You can view everything it offers or just the bits you're interested in. Go on, give it a try!

Luciacw

Luciacw Report 4 Jan 2005 21:29

Thank you for the tip I have registered, but next to my name it says Lucia is invisible what does this mean? Lucia

Barbara

Barbara Report 5 Jan 2005 00:33

Lucia, If you look at the top left it will say "User CP" click on this then at the left click on "Edit Options" and you will probably find that Invisible mode has been checked - just untick it and you should be visible again! Hope it works. Barbara

Lesley M

Lesley M Report 5 Jan 2005 09:10

Have just had a look round and was really impressed by the "Resources" pages. It gives loads of information on the various types of documents used in research and would be really useful reading for people just starting out.

Linda & Tim

Linda & Tim Report 22 Jul 2005 22:36

Just giving this plug a boost up the board!