Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Westminster, London Electoral List Look-up !!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Craig

Craig Report 5 Jan 2005 17:45

Hi all, Can anyone tell me how I can find who lived at number 5, St. Annes Court, Westminster, London, in June of 1959. I'm trying to trace the parents of a young man with Learning Difficulties who was adopted at birth. The only info I have is that he was born at Charing Cross Hospital on 19th June 1959. His parents were given as Charles Norman Devine & Anna Maria Devine formerly Kremser, at the above address. Given that I'm in Lancashire, I wondered if anyone had access to such info, rather than having to travel to London. Thanks, Craig Simpson

Craig

Craig Report 5 Jan 2005 20:39

Ok..............Let's try again !

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Jan 2005 21:05

Hi Craig, I was looking for the 1964 electoral roll in a place too far to visit and a kind person on here made two suggestions: firstly, the local library (look at somewhere like BTonline for a phone number) and also the local LDS Study Centre (again you would need to look this up somewhere). They had it at the Study Centre and the lady even looked it up for me while I waited on the phone! Also local councils might still have the old electoral rolls. Good luck, Mandy :)

Craig

Craig Report 5 Jan 2005 21:09

Thanks for your response Mandy, will try and see what I can find. Was worried nobody would reply for a minute there. Cheers, Craig in Lancashire.

Craig

Craig Report 5 Jan 2005 21:38

Thanks for that Linda, very much appreciated. Haven't used this for a while.........a bit out of touch ! Craig. x

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 5 Jan 2005 21:52

Maybe you can find some one willing to have alook for you . Thay maybe held at LMA in London. Try posting a request on records board Shelli

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 5 Jan 2005 21:56

I can't answer your query but if you want to feel spooked out then read on.........My G.G.Grandmother lived at that address in 1845 and her father was also registered there when he re-married (as a widower) to a Sarah Devine in 1844!!!! ooooowwwer!

Craig

Craig Report 5 Jan 2005 22:14

Sheila.............Sure sounds a bit weird, but have you traced the Devines who lived there nearer the present day ? Could possibly be related to the chap I'm looking into this for, nay, it could even be your Ancestral Home...........lol ! Sure is a bit spooky though. Craig

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 5 Jan 2005 22:17

not yet Craig but I think that has to be next on my list now ...I'm far too curious to leave it at that Sheila

Craig

Craig Report 5 Jan 2005 22:23

Not on your own Sheila, that is very strange indeed. Just wish I could find who Charles Norman Devine was. On my friends birth cert it has his fathers occupation as "Club Manager", if only I could find more out. Can't get over the fact that there were Devines at that address all those years back. Was it in Soho, I'm not well up on London coming from the North / Craig

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 5 Jan 2005 22:25

Yes, St Annes is Soho

Craig

Craig Report 5 Jan 2005 22:26

Thanks Shelli, I will try the LMA and posting something on the message board. Cheers, Craig in Lancashire.

Craig

Craig Report 5 Jan 2005 22:30

Well Sheila, If you find anything out you can always contact me through the GR site. Would be very interested ! Craig

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 5 Jan 2005 22:39

You'll be the first to know if theres any connection don't worry Sheila

Craig

Craig Report 5 Jan 2005 23:11

Come on people....you can do better than this !!! By way of a nudge !! Craig

Craig

Craig Report 6 Jan 2005 00:56

Well, The Whisky and lemonade ain't killing the Flu, so I guess I should try sleep......... Thanks to everyone who has offered some help tonight with my query. Craig.

Craig

Craig Report 6 Jan 2005 01:19

And here's for my mate Peter Bassey Effiong Devine, who's father was Charles Norman Devine, mother Anna Maria Kremser. Craig

Craig

Craig Report 6 Jan 2005 02:04

Ham ain't what it used to be............well, it's the same effect as a nudge hasn't it ?

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 6 Jan 2005 12:26

Ive made a start and sent for a certificate. Keep trying Craig you'll get there in the end Sheila