Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

lost cousins.com

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lesley

Lesley Report 12 Jan 2005 20:16

Lost cousins.com how do you fill in the details on My Ancestry? Where do you find Piece, folio and page number? Do you need access to 1881 Census? I can't find the person I want on Familysearch. Can anybody help on this? I'm looking for Abel Armitage Carter b.1855 and m. Elizabeth Anne Bentley in 1879. Thank you, Lesley T.

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 12 Jan 2005 20:21

Hi Lesley Lots of questions there. Are you a ploiceman! lol My turn now! Do you have a birthplace for Abel Carter? Jeanette x

Lesley

Lesley Report 12 Jan 2005 20:24

Abel was born in Highburton yorks. His mother was Mary Carter and lived in Slantgate and no I'm not a plod

Lozie

Lozie Report 12 Jan 2005 20:30

Lesley, Where in the country did they live? Lozie :-)

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 12 Jan 2005 21:00

Lesley I can't find him on any of the cesuses Jeanette x

Julie

Julie Report 12 Jan 2005 22:24

I know the place is wrong, but it's worth a try, any of this familiar???? Occupation Disability Abel CARTER Head M Male 24 Aberystruth, Monmouth, England Coal Miner Elizabeth CARTER Wife M Female 24 Aberystruth, Monmouth, England Sarah E. M. CARTER Daur Female 4 Aberystruth, Monmouth, England Josuah I. CARTER Son Male 2 Aberystruth, Monmouth, England

Julie

Julie Report 12 Jan 2005 22:27

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Marriages Mar 1879 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Bentley Elizabeth Ann Dewsbury 9b 688 Carter Abel Dewsbury 9b 688 That's the marriage from bmd

Clive

Clive Report 12 Jan 2005 22:40

The only Abel Carter I can find on the 1881 census was born in Ireland and living in St Peter Port Guernsey. Maybe the Abel you are looking for emigrated. Clive Evans

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 12 Jan 2005 22:53

That's a great piece of advice Yvonne. I didn't know they would do that Jeanette x

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 12 Jan 2005 23:55

I haven't been to ancestral villages lately either. Time to pull my finger out me thinks! Jeanette x

Karen

Karen Report 13 Jan 2005 04:51

ok just add the correct details that you found on the family search (mormon) website which is brill just add the info as you found it completley .................. i have joined and added alot of my family history but not all yet but its brill

Julie

Julie Report 13 Jan 2005 08:33

I really like Lost Cousins, it will get better and better as people all add their relatives. I think I have about 160 on now. The more people who do this, the more likely it will start matching up.

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 13 Jan 2005 08:48

160 !! That must have taken you weeks !! It takes ages just to add one person !

Julie

Julie Report 13 Jan 2005 08:54

Well, yes it can, but once you have added one person, you can use the 'add similar' button for people on the same page and with the same refernce details. Then all you have to do is enter a Christian name and an age, the rest is already there for you. Since there were usually loads and loads of people on one page, you can get a lot done this way.

Lesley

Lesley Report 13 Jan 2005 19:25

Thanks to all who have replied. I can't find abel Carter on 1881 Census but know where he was in Yorks from 1901 census. He could have been registered as Abel Armitage Can anybody look that up for me?He was living either Huddersfield, Cleckheaton, Liversedge, Leeds, Morley or Batley. Married to Elizabeth Anne. Lesley

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 13 Jan 2005 19:33

This looks a likely candidate Lesley Armitage, Abel 36 Kirkburton, Yorkshire Head Dalton Yorkshire Armitage, Edmund 11 Liversedge, Yorkshire Son Dalton Yorkshire Armitage, Elizabeth Ani 31 Cleackheston, Yorkshire Wife Dalton Yorkshire Armitage, Ethel 5 Huddersfield, Yorkshire Daughter Dalton Yorkshire Armitage, Fred 2 Huddersfield, Yorkshire Son Dalton Yorkshire Dwelling: Ivy Street, Dalton Age is out by 10 years and birthplace is Kirkburton. Gives his occupation as Power Loom Turner. It actually says Elizabeth Ann on the image. Jeanette x Just realised I was looking at the 1891. Ooops!

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 13 Jan 2005 19:45

How's about this then? Abel Fitton abt 1854 Kirkburton, Yorkshire, England Head Liversedge Edmond Fitton abt 1880 Liversedge, Yorkshire, England Son Liversedge Elizabeth A. Fitton abt 1854 Cleckheaton, Yorkshire, England Wife Liversedge Dwelling: Mill Bridge, Liversedge Gives his occupation as Cloth Power Loom Turner. The image definitely says Fitton. Jeanette x

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 13 Jan 2005 19:56

Is this him with his parents in 1871? Abel Armitage 17 Kirkburton, Yorkshire, England Son Southill Yorkshire Clara Armitage 10 Lockwood, Yorkshire, England Daughter Southill Yorkshire Emma Armitage 7 Batley, Yorkshire, England Daughter Southill Yorkshire Mary A Armitage 42 Kirkburton, Yorkshire, England Wife Southill Yorkshire Mary Ellen Armitage 2 Southill, Yorkshire, England Daughter Southill Yorkshire William Armitage 38 Kirkburton, Yorkshire, England Head Southill Yorkshire Sarah Carter 20 Kirkburton, Yorkshire, England Daughter Southill Yorkshire The image is very faint and I can't read it. If you would like to ask if anyone has the disc the reference number is RG10/4605 Page 19 Jeanette x