Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Huttons Ambo / Saint Sampson / Lythe / Skerne / Hu

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 25 Feb 2005 10:32

Any Yorkshire experts??? Are any of these places close together??? Please see below..........

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 25 Feb 2005 10:32

My gt gt grandfather, John Clemmitt was born in Huttons Ambo Yorkshire, according to the census' in about 1822. He Lived in cottage 2 Pear Tree Hill near railway station at Huttons Ambo. He was a Railway plate layer. He lived there in 1871 (clemnilt ), 1881 (Flemeaith), 1891. He died 1900. His wife was Mary from Youlthorpe. My trouble is I can't find any other Clemmitt's from Huttons Ambo, other than his children. I have no idea how to find his parents or siblings. Does anyone have any suggestions please????

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 25 Feb 2005 11:00

I have just found a John Clemet born in Huttons Ambo in 1821. This sounds promising don't you think??? He has a sister Hannah Clemet born 1820.........parents Robert Clemet & Ann. Then I found a Robert CLEMITT marrying Ann Etty in 1807 in Saint Sampson, York, Yorkshire, England. Is this place near Huttons Ambo & would they have married 13 years before having children??? I've also found a birth of Robert Clemmit in Lythe in 1782. Do you think this is a possibility??

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 25 Feb 2005 12:30

Hi Karen Hutton Cranswick and Skerne are in the East Riding and are pretty close together. Huttons Ambo and Lythe are in North Yorkshire and I believe St Sampson is in York Jeanette x

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 25 Feb 2005 12:30

Thanks Steve. That is great news! I must be on the right track !! What about Kirby Misperton ?? Is that close as well? I found a marriage for a Harriot Clemmet there. Thanks

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 25 Feb 2005 12:32

Is York close by???

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 25 Feb 2005 12:34

Kirby Misperton is North Yorks again - near Pickering

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 25 Feb 2005 12:36

You beauty ! What about Bulmer??

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 25 Feb 2005 12:37

Bulmer is North Yorks again - not far from Malton, so sort of in the Pickering area

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 25 Feb 2005 12:45

Fantastic !! I think I might have finally tracked them down !! If only they could spell their name !! LOL thanks very much for youur help!

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 25 Feb 2005 12:58

You're welcome Karen

Joan

Joan Report 25 Feb 2005 13:51

hi, Just a thought, type AA route planner into your search engine. It's only UK and Ireland but gives you the distance between any 2 destinations. I find it useful to work out if rellies are still in same area. Hope it helps. Joan

Angela

Angela Report 25 Feb 2005 14:20

I used to live in Skerne at a cottage called Lillygarth Farm when I was really little (which was in about 1750!). It is only a tiny village and is near Driffield, as is Hutton Cranswick in East Yorkshire. I can remember the milkman coming round and ladling the milk out into an enamel jug. Just shows how ancient I am!

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 25 Feb 2005 14:24

do they have elctricity in Skerne yet! lol

Angela

Angela Report 25 Feb 2005 14:27

As far as I can remember we even had electricity back in the mists of time!

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 26 Feb 2005 03:20

Thanks Joan, I'll give it a try

♥♪ˇ Karen

♥♪ˇ Karen Report 26 Feb 2005 03:23

My grandma always said she was from oop north...(she was from Leeds)......I loved her accent. I can't wait to travel over there one day. I hope these little towns still exist. Karen

Jools

Jools Report 26 Feb 2005 10:23

Karen - check your thread on the records board for details on this family in 1861 and 1851