Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Did you know?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Clairepie

Clairepie Report 2 Mar 2005 12:10

In the days before electricity people watched TV by candle light!

Claire

Claire Report 2 Mar 2005 12:12

LOL ;o) Claire xx

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 2 Mar 2005 12:12

lol! I nearly fell for that one!

Clairepie

Clairepie Report 2 Mar 2005 12:22

:o) ;)

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Mar 2005 12:36

waxing lyrical there Claire !

Angela

Angela Report 2 Mar 2005 12:37

So how did they work their computers then?

Janet

Janet Report 2 Mar 2005 12:43

Ah well, I listened to the radio by candle light or a paraffin lamp in the very distant past! We had a well outside the door and a privy down the garden! Janet

Clairepie

Clairepie Report 2 Mar 2005 12:50

LOL! in my day it was all fields as well!

Heather

Heather Report 2 Mar 2005 12:58

And the word 'gullible' isnt in the dictionary any more?

Keith

Keith Report 2 Mar 2005 12:58

The inventor of TV came from Scotland, next you'll be telling use he came from Wick. Keith

Ann

Ann Report 2 Mar 2005 12:59

What about the tin bath in the kitchen! People had to sing loud in those days...........lol

Clairepie

Clairepie Report 2 Mar 2005 13:16

LOL! :D Gullible not in the dictionary *checks* doh look there is is with a picture of my face ;)

Janine

Janine Report 2 Mar 2005 13:25

My 9 year old son asked me recently if I used to pee in a bucket and then throw it out of the window. I was so happy to put him straight on that one. By the way, I am 38 years old. Janine

Clairepie

Clairepie Report 2 Mar 2005 13:44

:D Poor Janine x But you have to love the classic, 'was it black and white in your day!'

Janine

Janine Report 2 Mar 2005 13:51

Hi again, My son also finds it hard to believe that we had to get up to change the TV channel and we had only three channels!!!!! That's why I live the Peter Kay sketch when he talks about how hard the kids today have it. Janine

Ann

Ann Report 2 Mar 2005 13:56

My grandaugter(age 9) stayed with us just after christmas in the school hols......after playing games........mainly UNO for hours on end I was asking HER if she wanted to watch tv!! the answer was always NO!! ........I made a rod for my own back there, since I am always saying kids watch too much tv!! lol

Clairepie

Clairepie Report 2 Mar 2005 14:15

I can often be found playing back gammon and going the library with my friends, and I am only 20! TV is overated! But i couldnt live without the internet and my phone. it's a wonder how people did it it 'em days! I mean the thought of actually talking to people in real life is daunting! ;)

Unknown

Unknown Report 2 Mar 2005 14:39

Before electricity we used to watch our TV by gaslight. One up on the Jiones's with their candles. hahaha.