Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Changing the age to 16 Message for Sophie

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Irene

Irene Report 24 Mar 2005 08:07

Just to let everyone know that Gene's have replied and they will be changing the age to 16, see the message below. Well done everyone who helped by emailing Gene's Irene

Irene

Irene Report 24 Mar 2005 08:12

Couldn't read it the other way, now you can see what the questions and replies were. Irene Thanks for your email. I have spoken with the head of Genes Reunited. We will be changing our terms and conditions so that the minimum age is 16. In the meantime, minors will need their registration managed by an adult. Regards Estelle http://www.genesreunited.com ---Your Message--- Thanks for your reply but I don't think you answered my question. I know your terms and conditions, I just asked that you review this case. Out of interest why do they have to be 18, they can leave home at 16 and can get married at 16. There are lots of sites on the net that are not really for young people so why do you stop them from getting on this site which will keep them off the other sites. It still seems silly to me, rules for rules sake. Irene ----- Original Message ----- From: <[email protected]> To: <[email protected]> Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 8:16 PM Subject: Re: Feedback Thanks for your email and your feedback I can confirm that friendsreunited and genesreunited both state in there terms and conditions that members have to be over 18 to use the site. I hope this helps Regards Alex http://www.genesreunited.com ---Your Message--- Why do you have to be 18 to join GR, I can't see any reason why they have to be. 16 with parents permission I can understand but to throw someone off when they have done nothing wrong I think is really silly. I hope you will review Sopha being thrown off this site. I am all for young people taking an interest in their families. Irene

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Mar 2005 08:19

I am sure Sophie will say this herself but well done to all who supported her and contacted GR (myself included). I am really pleased for you Sophie!! Em.x

Sandra

Sandra Report 24 Mar 2005 08:22

I'm pleased that genes, have reviewed, i think its great that the youngsters are interested in this hobby and shouldn't be put off sandra

pinkflamingo

pinkflamingo Report 24 Mar 2005 08:49

This is really good news. Christine

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Mar 2005 09:28

Great news Do we know if she knows yet? Lou

chezzy

chezzy Report 24 Mar 2005 10:39

thats good news!! i know myself as my 9yr old is facinated with the info i have found,she would love to continue wherever i leave it..dnt see what harm it will do lowering the age limit..least it gives the youngsters summert to do and not hanging on the streets .x

Angela

Angela Report 24 Mar 2005 16:54

Great - a good decision. I am glad that Sophie can come back and wish her many years of happy hunting. Good luck, chuck!!

Linen

Linen Report 24 Mar 2005 17:04

Fantastic Thank you Genes for showing some common sense Look forward to hearing from you Sophie Vivienne

Sophie

Sophie Report 24 Mar 2005 17:05

Yes it's great isn't it!! I couldn't of done it without all the support of all my fellow chums on here!! and so glad that i can continue with my research, new name by the way is Little Miss Phoenix! Thanks again!! LMP (Sophie) :)))))))))

Irene

Irene Report 24 Mar 2005 17:35

Hi Sophie Glad to see you have the message, great hope you still have lots of fun helping other people. Just shows what a little bit of people power can do. Irene

Sophie

Sophie Report 24 Mar 2005 17:37

So true Irene!! LOL LMP :)

June

June Report 24 Mar 2005 17:47

Welcome back Sophie

Sophie

Sophie Report 24 Mar 2005 17:47

Thanks June! LMP :)

Carol

Carol Report 24 Mar 2005 18:16

Hurrah!!! Well done GR!!! Great news eh Sophie Carol xx

Sophie

Sophie Report 24 Mar 2005 18:41

It's fantastic! and they are going to change the age to 16! thanks! LMP :)

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 24 Mar 2005 22:11

Well Done to Genes and welcome back Sophie.

Sophie

Sophie Report 24 Mar 2005 22:20

Thanks Lucy! I'm starting to really like it now!! LOL LMP :)