Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hospital Records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

helenbell

helenbell Report 20 Jul 2005 08:48

Is it possible to see hospital records of a birth??? if so any idea how i go about it?? Thankyou Bow

Ann

Ann Report 20 Jul 2005 09:01

Hi Bow If you type Hospital records in the search box,( above the message threads on tips board) you will find lots of threads regarding them. Good luck Ann

helenbell

helenbell Report 20 Jul 2005 09:04

Thanks Anne

Ann

Ann Report 20 Jul 2005 09:06

You're welcome Bow.sorry I couldn't help you direct. Ann x

Germaine

Germaine Report 20 Jul 2005 09:12

Some record offices hold hospital records and you are able to look at them if they have passed the closier date (100 years I think). If you go into a2a and put the name of the hospital it should tell you if a record centre hold the records. It will give a ref no. Germaine x

Ann

Ann Report 20 Jul 2005 09:22

Hi Germaine Sorry , but what is a2a please? Thanks Ann

helenbell

helenbell Report 20 Jul 2005 09:27

Thanks Germaine Problem is it's my husbands birth!! mystery surrounds it!! He was born in Battersea and i cant find which hospital it is or was, no idea if it still exsist, i have tried all i can on the net but i don't know where to go from here. We are going to London in a couple of weeks, but i am not sure where to go or even if they are open to the public for viewing. But Thankyou for you help!! Love Bow

Germaine

Germaine Report 20 Jul 2005 09:36

Hiyah, Acess to Archives go to search engine (google ) and put a2a then you can search by name or place amazing what you find I found a rellie up at court. Was able to get copy of court cost. in 1861 Germaine

Pippa

Pippa Report 20 Jul 2005 09:42

If it is your husband I presume that it wold not be 100 years ago. Have you got a copy of his birth cert and is there anyway we could help you with the mystery? Pippa

Germaine

Germaine Report 20 Jul 2005 09:46

I agree with Pippa Bow. If you have his birth cert it should tell you were he was born. If you haven't got it you could try see if you can find it on 1837 online and get a copy. Germaine x

helenbell

helenbell Report 20 Jul 2005 09:59

Hi Everyone, i have been into a2a thankyou for that!!, he was born in Battersea, i looked up a map and found he was probably born in Chelsea Hospital, which is the hospital for Battersea!! The mystery is, his mother claims he was a very sick baby baby and spent 2 years in the hospital he was born in!! but when he was 7 his mother up and left without a word, i now want to find out if he was really sick as a baby or she just left him there cos she did'nt want him!! she had already had 9 children!! 5 boys and she did'nt like boys!! thanks to you all for help Bow

Germaine

Germaine Report 20 Jul 2005 10:04

I hope you can find an answer. Not sure but would it be on his medical records are you allowed access to those I have a feeling you might be. Might be worth a word with his doctor. Just a thought Good Luck Germaine x

helenbell

helenbell Report 20 Jul 2005 10:05

Thanks for your help Germaine Bow

Liz

Liz Report 20 Jul 2005 10:24

Under the access to Health Records act your husband should be able to see and have copies of his records if the Hospital still has them. He will have to complete a form. The Hospital where I worked kept all records on Micro fiche which we would reproduce into paper. He could always contact the hospital in question and get some info. Hope that helps Liz

helenbell

helenbell Report 20 Jul 2005 11:59

Thanks Liz, we are going to Wandsworth and Battersea to seek out info on his background!! Thankyou all so much for your help and advice!! Bow xx

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 20 Jul 2005 14:19

hi bow after reading this thread,i decided to google the hospital i was at when i was 15 months old after leaving this hospital i was adopted.managed to find the hospital and sent email to them asking if they still hold my records.there was also a request form i could fill in to obtain my records.hoping for a reply soon thanks every 1 hope this helps you bow

Ann

Ann Report 21 Jul 2005 17:04

Thanks for the info Germaine, sorry for the delay, I have been offline. Regards Ann

Bacardi

Bacardi Report 21 Jul 2005 21:03

recieved request form today formy hospital records hope you get some luck soon bow best wishes angie