Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Could this be him?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

StephScouser

StephScouser Report 5 Aug 2005 13:13

From the 1901 census it says that Edward Flood was born around 1875. His wife, from the 1901 census, was born in around 1876. On BMD i found quite a few entries for his wife in 1875, that could possibly be her as it is only one year less...or possibly a few months. But the only entry i found for Edward was in 1877? Could this still be him? I just want other peoples thoughts before i spend another seven pounds on a cert. Thanks steph.

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Aug 2005 13:24

Steph, what county are we looking in. And what name do you have down for his wife. Also, have you found them on any other censuses? Gloria

Anne

Anne Report 5 Aug 2005 13:26

Steph, is it Free BMD you are looking on? Don't forget it is not yet complete! Anne

StephScouser

StephScouser Report 5 Aug 2005 13:33

Edwards was born in Liverpool/w.derby, his wife was Elizabeth Flood nee. Arnold. I have only got the 1901 census for them. Edwards father was michael flood, in 1895 at edwards marriage he was a storekeeper. I have looked in the records office in Liverpool but couldn't find edward 1875 before.

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Aug 2005 13:33

Found this in West Derby, Liverpool Lancashire Arnold, Elizabeth 1895 December Marriages West Derby Lancashire Flood, Edward Thomas 1895 December Marriages West Derby Lancashire Forrest, Amelia Christie 1895 December Marriages West Derby Lancashire Lyon, George 1895 December Marriages West Derby Lancashire Marriages v8b page 810 Gloria

StephScouser

StephScouser Report 5 Aug 2005 13:43

Thanks Gloria, do you think i should still send for the cert.? Steph

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Aug 2005 13:50

I think I would risk it. Where did you get the info re- Edwards father being a storekeeper. Did you not get it from the marriage cert or am I missing something? I have tried to find them on earlier censuses but no luck at the moment. Quite a few Floods came over from Ireland so I suppose they could still be there then. Gloria

StephScouser

StephScouser Report 5 Aug 2005 13:53

I got edwards fathers occ from marriage cert but that may not have always been his occupation? It's a really puzziling one. I thought they may have came from ireland but i have no way off telling without more info. Thanks again steph.

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Aug 2005 13:57

Do you mean you got it from Edwards marriage cert? Sorry to appear thick but I am finding this a bit confusing as to what info you already have. Gloria x

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Aug 2005 14:00

Could this be his birth? Name: FLOOD, Edward Record Type: Births Quarter: March Year: 1877 District: West Derby County: Lancashire Volume: 8b Page: 545 Will try to find her Gloria

StephScouser

StephScouser Report 5 Aug 2005 14:06

I have got Edwards marriage cert to Elizabeth Arnold. I also have th 1901 census with Edward nd Elizabeth on. I found that birth but my page number is 455, will yours be more accurate...is it from another site apart from free bmd. Steph

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Aug 2005 14:08

Name: Arnold, Martha Elizabeth Record Type: Births Quarter: March Year: 1877 District: West Derby County: Lancashire Volume: 8b Page: 470 Gloria

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Aug 2005 14:10

I got mine from Ancestry and I think they have about the same info, one gets it from the other but I don't know which way round. Gloria

StephScouser

StephScouser Report 5 Aug 2005 14:11

Possibly again it is hard to tell which could be right? Steph

StephScouser

StephScouser Report 5 Aug 2005 14:13

I will try both Pages. I am going to send off for it if it isn't him well i will just have to keep looking. Steph.

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Aug 2005 14:15

Sorry deleted this --thought I had put it on twice ARNOLD, Elizabeth Louisa Record Type: Births Quarter: June Year: 1876 District: West Derby County: Lancashire Volume: 8b Page: 489 Gloria

StephScouser

StephScouser Report 5 Aug 2005 14:17

So many possibilities! so many to choose from...i'm like a kid in a candy store! Ha ha Steph

Unknown

Unknown Report 5 Aug 2005 14:34

Found an Elizabeth Arnold in 1881 census in Liverpool born 1876, but her father is John, so that gets rid of one, but which one we don't know-----all good fun Gloria

StephScouser

StephScouser Report 5 Aug 2005 14:41

Sorry gloria i didn't think thus would come up...i have got all census' for the arnolds. But i would still like to get elizabeths birth for the maiden name of her mother. I think her mothers maiden name may have been bate as on the 1881 census i can't find elizabeth just her father and brothers and then her sisters are with a woman ...surname bate...who appears to be their aunt and she is unmarried! Did you just say you have found elizabeth in 1881? could i please have the address? Thanks steph!

Unknown

Unknown Report 6 Aug 2005 14:23

hi Steph, had to go off yesterday in a hurry so just got your messages. The Elizabeth I found in 1881 had father down as John so I don't really think it is her. The address is Gt Homer St 10 Court 7 House. Everton Lancashire, bit of a strange address but that is how it is written. Gloria x