Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

*♥* Derbyshire Meet ... *♥* Sat 1st Oc

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Aug 2005 21:43

anyone interested in 'meeting' in Derbyshire ... please see thread on General Board. Every one welcome ... the more the merrier. !! Elaine :-)

The Ego

The Ego Report 9 Aug 2005 21:46

Anyone going that could help with advice regards using Matlock Parish records ,dancer?

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Aug 2005 22:21

Well, I'm going ... what sort of advice are you seeking ? Dancer x

The Ego

The Ego Report 9 Aug 2005 22:29

Ive got the majority of one side of my family in derbyshire and Nottinghamshire villages,and reckon I need to go to at least 3 record offices,including matlock. Thought maybe i could kill a few birds with one stone and treck round the records places,and go to a few villages,and have a few drinks along the way,lol.

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Aug 2005 22:36

If your talking just two counties, you will only need two Record Office's ... sorry you'll have less pubs to call in !!! Can't help at all with Notts ... but Matlock have Local History Library and Derbyshire Records Office within 500 yards of each other .... and the views across the valley from both are out of this world ! (Both up on the hill side !) Several pubs at bottom of the hill ... and just the one across the road from Local History Library ... so you should have plenty of watering holes for your derbyshire research ! Why don't you come to the meet ? Just add to the thread on general board - which is moving soooo fast tonight I can't keep up with it !! lol. Dancer x

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Aug 2005 11:28

nudged for todays crowd .

Willsy once more

Willsy once more Report 10 Aug 2005 11:59

If you need to go to the Nottingham Records Office, it is along the canal across from the train station with some very nice pubs opposite ENJOY Elaine!!! (another Elaine)

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Aug 2005 12:39

being an ex derbyshire tup I would so enjoy coming .... alas I,m on the other side of the world Dennis

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Aug 2005 18:34

We'll be thinking of you Dennis ...x Elaine :-)

Pauline

Pauline Report 10 Aug 2005 19:05

Don't want to put a damper on things, but if you are looking to go on a Saturday in September they will only be open on the 17th as they only do one Saturday a month, since June.9.00 to 12.30, thought it best to warn you. Pauline

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Aug 2005 23:25

Pauline, Who only do one Saturday in the month ??? and what are you referring to 9.00 - 12.30 ...??? Illumination's or Madison's ??? Elaine :-)

Pauline

Pauline Report 12 Aug 2005 20:03

Sorry everyone, I meant the record office at Matlock is only on one Saturday a month and if you were considering going on a Saturday that could limit you. Sorry again. Pauline

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Aug 2005 20:08

Cheers Pauline , Thanks for both the info and the explaination, ... much appreciated ! You had me going there for a minute .. thought you meant Madison's ... :-( Cheers Elaine :-)

The Ego

The Ego Report 12 Aug 2005 20:30

I was told that because myrellies are on the border,ie shirebrook,pleasley and mansfield this would include a few diferent research locations,namely Matlock,nottingham,and mansfield.........is that tosh?

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Aug 2005 10:56

nudged You didn't mention Mansfield in your origional question Alter !! Mansfield does come under Notts now ... but I would have to check for you. Dancer :)

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Aug 2005 11:35

**SATURDAY 1st October ** seems most favourable. Matlock Bath Illuminations are on that weekend, and that evening is the the first of the fireworks displays. See General Board for more details. Elaine :-)

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Aug 2005 18:34

nudged

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 7 Apr 2006 16:42

************************************************************************** ************************************************************************** BE AWARE THIS IS A VERY OLD THREAD - THE MEET HAPPENED LAST OCTOBER !! *********************************************************************** *********************************************************************** (nudged for another member to contact DD)