Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Tree Maker 2005 Starter Edition

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Selena in South East London

Selena in South East London Report 16 Sep 2005 14:45

I saw this advertised on WHSmith website for only 9.99. Has anyone used it? Any comments? Up until now I have used an ancient version of Family Tree Maker (version 3.4) but it has finally died on me. I have downloaded some free software (Family Search and Legacy) but I much prefer my old FTM. I really can't spend a lot on the software and I think the most uptodate stuff is 40-50 pnds or so.

Gloria

Gloria Report 16 Sep 2005 15:03

Hi Selena, My husband bought the 2005 Family Tree Maker for me earlier this year as like you I had been limping along with an old one. I love this one, I find that it is so easy to use with lots of options when it comes to Tree layout and reports. included with it was a free trial on Ancestry .com, I would imagine that you would get it too as my Tree Maker was on offer too and I believe that it cost the same as the one that you mention. Hope that this has been of some help to you All the best Gloria

Carol

Carol Report 16 Sep 2005 15:39

If you are a member of Ancestry, they are offering a free download of FTM starter edition. Carol

Carol

Carol Report 16 Sep 2005 16:53

The starter edition of Family Tree Maker 2006 is free to download from the Family Tree Maker website, here's a short version of the web address where you can download it free of charge but it's a quite large file so you may need broadband. Remove the brackets. http://tinyurl(.)com/9nmvh We have a one off brand new, never opened full version copy of 2006 for sale at £20, e-mail me if you are interested at info at genealogyprinters (dot) com Carol www.genealogyprinters(.)com

Heather

Heather Report 16 Sep 2005 17:00

Selena, dont buy the starter, its not worth it when you can get the full 2006 fore £20!

Selena in South East London

Selena in South East London Report 16 Sep 2005 18:32

Thanks girls and special thanks to Carol for the excellent weblink. I have downloaded it (luckily I have broadband). I will have a little play with it and see if I can up load my old ftm 3.4 files. I think it only last for 14 days, so I might take you up on your offer Carol. Thanks again for the helpful comments, Selena