Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 4 Oct 2005 05:56

does anyone have access to Warwickshire census I am trying to find Alfred Dodd and his family, they are from the birmingham area, i estimate his birth year around 1860 many thanks pat

♫ Penny €

♫ Penny € Report 4 Oct 2005 06:09

Hi Could this be him on 1871? Alfred Dodd abt 1865 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Son Birmingham Warwickshire Emma Dodd abt 1840 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Wife Birmingham Warwickshire John Dodd abt 1834 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Head Birmingham Warwickshire Penny

Patricia

Patricia Report 4 Oct 2005 06:12

Hi thank you for that it is a good possbility, kind regards pat

♫ Penny €

♫ Penny € Report 4 Oct 2005 06:24

Hi If you know any siblings this is him again in 1881 Ada Dodd abt 1869 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Daughter 66 Heath St, Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Alfred Dodd abt 1865 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Son Bryby ? Dodd abt 1881 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Daughter Emma Dodd abt 1840 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Wife Emma Dodd abt 1872 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Daughter Florence Dodd abt 1878 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Daughter John Dodd abt 1834 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Head John Dodd abt 1875 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Son , England Frederick Trigger abt 1853 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Boarder

Patricia

Patricia Report 4 Oct 2005 06:29

hi penny I know he had a daughter her name was Ellen Elizabeth Dodd she was 18 in 1903 when she was married that is all the info i have as i am waiting on certs many thanks for your kindness

The Bag

The Bag Report 4 Oct 2005 07:44

i assume Ellen married in Warwickshire and that you have the info from a mariage cert. do you have the cert yet? jess

Patricia

Patricia Report 4 Oct 2005 17:56

Yes i have the marraige cert of Ellen where it names her father as Alfred Dodd.

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 4 Oct 2005 18:10

Have you found Ellen on the 1901?

Patricia

Patricia Report 4 Oct 2005 18:12

hi no i cant find her she is starting to do my head in now LOL

Fiona

Fiona Report 4 Oct 2005 18:19

What is her address on marriage certificate? Fathers occ and the witnesses names? Fiona.

Horatia

Horatia Report 4 Oct 2005 18:20

Is this your Ellen Dodd? She is a boarder in this household Mary A Barber abt 1835 Norwich, Norfolk, England Head Birmingham Warwickshire Ellen Dodd abt 1881 B'ham, Warwickshire, England Boarder Birmingham Warwickshire Lizzie Dodd abt 1878 B'ham, Warwickshire, England Boarder Birmingham Warwickshire Ada Kirby abt 1883 B'ham, Warwickshire, England Boarder Birmingham Warwickshire Both Ellen and Lizzie Dodd were doing Presswork Jewellery as their occupation.

Patricia

Patricia Report 4 Oct 2005 18:24

thank you very much for that info, I am going to have to get dinner on but i will investigate this evening kind regards sent pat

Patricia

Patricia Report 4 Oct 2005 18:29

her father is a polisher, the witnessess names are hard to read i think it is samuel stork frances gors the residence is st gabriels parish birmingham, can you please tell me how these help with research many thanks

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 4 Oct 2005 18:31

Any chance that this is your Alfred? Name: DODD, Alfred Alonzo Record Type: Births Quarter: September Year: 1864 District: Birmingham (1837-1924) County: Warwickshire Volume: 6d Page: 208 He'd show as 'about 1865' on the censuses. [What a wonderful name!] Christine

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 4 Oct 2005 18:37

Have you thought to buying her birth cert? If you buy this, then you might also be able to find her parents' marriage which will help you track them down on the censuses.

Patricia

Patricia Report 4 Oct 2005 18:44

hi yes i am waiting for her birth cert, it would be nice if that was my alfred a very exotic name

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 4 Oct 2005 18:45

Perhaps you should wait to see if the birth cert helps more. And then come back? x

Patricia

Patricia Report 4 Oct 2005 18:52

yes i will be patient and wait, he is probably the the great alfonzo the magician, that has made him self disappear