Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Having No Luck Please Help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karl

Karl Report 12 Oct 2005 22:58

I have ordered quite a few birth certificates but i am having trouble finding the following people. William Albert Diccox (wife was called irene may carron, daughters joyce and valerie diccox) Irene May Carron (as above) George Herbert Price (he had a son with exactly the same name who was born in the birmingham area of st.martins in 1924). Fanny Ravenscroft (married to george herbert price) If anyone can help me find any or all of these i would be very very grateful, thanks.

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 12 Oct 2005 23:00

what years where they born?

Pippa

Pippa Report 12 Oct 2005 23:00

Do you have any dates? Have you been through familyrelatives and 1837online quarter by quarter? Pippa

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 12 Oct 2005 23:00

You need to give a rough idea of when each of these people were born and an idea of what area of the country it might be. Kath. x

Smiley

Smiley Report 12 Oct 2005 23:00

What are the a the ages of these people Karl? If you have marriage certifcates then you should have ages, and be able to work out approx dates of birth Sam

Karl

Karl Report 12 Oct 2005 23:04

Have no real idea on dates George herbert price would have been born in birmingham between 1895 and 1904. Irene May Corran would have been born in wales and would have been born between 1900 and 1924. Fanny Ravenscroft would have been born between 1880 and 1904. William Albert Diccox would have been born between 1900 and 1924. I cannot give any more information than this, thanks.

Kate

Kate Report 12 Oct 2005 23:04

If you look on FreeBMD you will find quite a few George Herbert Prices, so we need some more information to pick the right one. Kate.

Kate

Kate Report 12 Oct 2005 23:06

This might well be your Fanny Ravenscroft, from FreeBMD: Births Mar 1883 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- RAVENSCROFT Fanny Aston 6d 389 Kate.

Kate

Kate Report 12 Oct 2005 23:08

The only problem is there is also this marriage on FreeBMD: Marriages Sep 1902 --------------------------------------------------------------------- Bratt Eleanor Florence Aston 6d 501 Hopkins Harry Aston 6d 501 Ketley Ernest Aston 6d 501 Ravenscroft Fanny Aston 6d 501 Do you know if your Fanny Ravenscroft was married before she married George? Kate.

Merry

Merry Report 12 Oct 2005 23:09

Of course, this might not be the only one.......From FreeBMD: Births Mar 1910 DICCOX William Albert Swindon 5a 21 Merry

Kate

Kate Report 12 Oct 2005 23:09

Slightly outside the dates you gave for George, but I think it would be worth trying this one: Births Dec 1894 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Price George Herbert Aston 6d 225 Kate.

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 12 Oct 2005 23:13

I think i have found one DICCOX, William Albert Record Type: Births Quarter: March Year: 1910 District: Swindon County: Wiltshire Volume: 5a Page: 21 (click to see others on page)

Karl

Karl Report 12 Oct 2005 23:19

Fanny Ravnescroft was married previously and had the surname netley, this should help thanks.

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 12 Oct 2005 23:22

could Fanny be a Frances? Ravenscroft, Frances Elizabeth Record Type: Births Quarter: September Year: 1892 District: Aston County: Warwickshire Volume: 6d Page: 219 (click to see others on page) on census Doris Ravenscroft abt 1900 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Daughter Aston Warwickshire View Record Elizabeth Ravenscroft abt 1863 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Wife Aston Warwickshire View Record Ethel Ravenscroft abt 1895 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Daughter Aston Warwickshire ==View Record Frances E Ravenscroft abt 1893 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Daughter Aston Warwickshire View Record John F Ravenscroft abt 1861 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Head Aston Warwickshire

Karl

Karl Report 12 Oct 2005 23:26

Well the name is fanny on the certificate so i wouldn't have thought it would be frances.

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 12 Oct 2005 23:27

and then1883 one in 1901 Emily Ravenscroft abt 1860 Birmingham Head Aston Manor Warwickshire ==View Record Frances Ravenscroft abt 1883 Birmingham Daughter Aston Manor Warwickshire View Record George Ravenscroft abt 1884 Birmingham Son Aston Manor Warwickshire View Record John Ravenscroft abt 1888 Birmingham Son Aston Manor Warwickshire and in 1891 Fanny diff family ==Record Ravencraft, Fanny abt 1883 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Daughter Aston Warwickshire View Record Ravencraft, Frank abt 1854 Wosters, Woster Head Aston Warwickshire View Record Ravencraft, Frank abt 1881 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Son Aston Warwickshire View Record Ravencraft, Gertrude abt 1888 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Daughter Aston Warwickshire View Record Ravencraft, Sarah abt 1858 Birmingham, Warwickshire, England Wife Aston Warwickshire

The Bag

The Bag Report 13 Oct 2005 22:18

nudged for MM

Merry

Merry Report 13 Oct 2005 22:28

It seems to me you are having a HUGE amount of luck to me!!! How DO you keep up with all this help?? Merry