Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Alexander Beauchamp

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 6 Dec 2005 18:26

Hi Does anybody kow anything about Alexander Beauchamp born in 1826, he was the son of George (born 1799) and Mary Beauchamp Alexander married Elizabeth lindsay on the 17th April 1865 in Frimley in Surrey Carol

Heather

Heather Report 6 Dec 2005 19:16

What do you want to know? Have you found him on any census?

Esta

Esta Report 6 Dec 2005 19:42

This is them in 1851.........but as Heather said... What info are you after and where have you already looked? . I don't want to waste time finding them further on if you already have the details ! ***Alexr Beauchamp abt 1828 Sunbury, Middlesex, England Son Sunbury Middlesex George Beauchamp abt 1798 Wallingford, Berkshire, England Head Sunbury Middlesex Vie James Beauchamp abt 1849 Sunbury, Middlesex, England Grandson Sunbury Middlesex John Beauchamp abt 1821 Sunbury, Middlesex, England Son Sunbury Middlesex Mary Beauchamp abt 1797 Littleton, Middlesex, England Wife Sunbury Middlesex Mary Beauchamp abt 1826 Sunbury, Middlesex, England Daughter Sunbury Middlesex Vi Robt Beauchamp abt 1836 Sunbury, Middlesex, England Son Sunbury Middlesex Thos Beauchamp abt 1834 Sunbury, Middlesex, England Son Sunbury Middlesex Esta

Ted

Ted Report 7 Dec 2005 11:16

Carol, hi. 1861 census he is married to Francis Sophia Beauchamp, His birth year is given as 1825. From then on all other census returns give his birth year as 1832. Still with the same wife in 1871, 1881, 1891. If you want to search the census returns yourself used the birth year as 1832 and he seems always to have lived in Sunbury, Middlesex where he was born. Is that any help to you? TED XX

Ted

Ted Report 7 Dec 2005 11:30

Carol, hi. have also found a marriage for him Sept 1856 2C 589, COOKHAM, SURREY. ted xx

Ted

Ted Report 7 Dec 2005 11:44

Carol, hi again, I cant find a married for him to ELIZABETH LINDSAY in 1865. As far as I can make out she married in 1866 somebody else, never bothered to get his name as its not important to you. TED.XX

Ted

Ted Report 7 Dec 2005 11:50

Carol, final one, in the 1901 census he is down as a WIDOWER, age 69, occupation WELL SINKER and hes living in DORKING. from the looks of it he never had any children as he had 3 boarders living with him. TED. xx

Merry

Merry Report 7 Dec 2005 13:03

The one in Dorking in 1901 isn't the right chap!. Yours was born in Sunbury and the Dorking bloke was born in Chobham. Here they are independently in 1881 YOURS>>>>Alexander Beauchamp abt 1832 Sunbury, Middlesex, England Head Staines Road, Sunbury, Middlesex, England The other one, who lived in Dorking in 1901>>>>Alexander Beauchamp abt 1831 Chobham, Surrey, England Head School Lane Brockham, Betchworth, Surrey, England Merry

Merry

Merry Report 7 Dec 2005 13:12

Here he is in 1901: Alexander Beauchamp abt 1826 Charlton, Middlesex, England Head Sunbury Middlesex Frances S Beauchamp abt 1836 Burnham, Buckinghamshire, England Wife Sunbury Middlesex Merry

Ted

Ted Report 7 Dec 2005 14:38

Merry, hi. well spotted. I was in one of my dozy moods when copied down the info. there were only 2 possibles and without thinking I copied down the second one. Forgive me? TED XX

Merry

Merry Report 7 Dec 2005 14:45

Of course I forgive you, Ted! Even more, if you read the message I wrote you the other day on Louisiana's thread called, '''FreeBMD UPDATED!'''...I have nudged it up for you.... Merry

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 7 Dec 2005 17:43

Has Carol noticed all your hard work? I can't see any response from her after her first message header. Christine

Ted

Ted Report 7 Dec 2005 18:45

Merry, hi, just read your message on FREE BMD., im gong to have to try that site. I am a bit of a firt tapping Dea up like that. The trouble of course is at my age, if I chase a woman round the table, by the time Ive caught her Ive forgotton WHY I was chasing. lol. Not really If god found anything better for a man than a woman he must have kept it to himself. TED XX You're all good sports here on this site. TED XX

Ted

Ted Report 7 Dec 2005 18:46

Hi carol, it would be nice to hear from you. TED XX

Janet 693215

Janet 693215 Report 7 Dec 2005 21:14

I think Carol wasn't expecting such a quick response. She's been a member for less than a month.

Christine in Herts

Christine in Herts Report 7 Dec 2005 23:40

Janet has a point. You don't get an alert for a thread-reply like you do for a pm-reply/message. I've just sent Carol a pm so she'll know there's some info for her here. Christine

Ted

Ted Report 8 Dec 2005 11:10

hi all, if Carol has only been a member for a month she's done very well, practically got all the census returns info in 2 days, not bad eh? thats how good they are on this site, very helpful and kind. TED XX

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 25 Feb 2006 18:03

try this one